• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Outpost13_Beta1

Linoleum

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Midlands UK
My KF competition map entry:

Map Name:
Outpost13 (KF-Outpost13_beta1)
Beta Number: Beta 1
Playable: Yes
Description of map:
A battered outpost of deep muddy trenches and dark tunnels located within the midland countryside.
What testing is wanted: bugs/exploits/gameplay issues/graphical issues, i fixed the hall of mirrors bug, but please tell
me if you experience this at all (the bright sky bug)
Map Download/Download Size:
Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/121308819/a383a86/KF-Outpost13_beta1.html

Alternative file types (ASI is an exe. and will install the map to your KF map folder- easiest option!):

- ASI

- 7z

- zip

Thanks to BartBear for the last 3 DL links.

Story/Background:

"I cant remember how long I've been here, months, or years,
It doesn't matter anymore.
With nowhere to go, everyday I ask myself the same question...
How long can we hold out in Outpost 13?"

hmgw.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't really impressed when I looked at the screenshots at first, I thought it would be boring but I installed it on my server anyway and played with friends. It looks much better when you experience it. The map is a blast to play, it's like a gigantic maze and the best part is the fight against the patriarch, you have no idea where he'll come from and we all got owned :D
This map rocks, it's one of my favorites already, good job!

Upvote 0
This is a very bot friendly map as there are a lot of spawn locations out of the players view in close proximity which means that they can't help but be ambushed along the way. The trenches are also a well balanced width; not too wide that they lose their trench feel but not too narrow to be restrictive. It also helps that terrain editing provides that raw Outpost appeal. Good fun had in here.

Upvote 0