Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2014, 09:38 AM

Default Anybody want to play Classic?

No one plays it anymore, which is a shame. Its my favorite play style. Some might say its dead, but its not a mod that no longer has support. (Hell some of those still have players.)

Its part of a game that is continually updated with active community. The players determine its fate, and if enough still exist that want to play, why don't we? We could fill a server.

And if Ro.pl can keep their fight nights going, we could easily play a game of classic.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 AM

40-1 Clan recently dropped classic mode on their #2 server due to very low numbers. That server is now ranked #7 globally on gametracker.

Allthough there are enough players wanting to play classic getting them together at the same time is difficult.

Maybe a one day or evening session made well known to players may give some lifeline to classic mode!?

I recently found this website and was surprised to find there are only about 1,000 on average RO2/RS players. http://steamcharts.com/app/35450#1y

Some servers are using server options from classic and realism making it custom mode.

Last edited by PvtBalderick; 03-11-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtBalderick View Post
Some servers are using server options from classic and realism making it custom mode.
Yeah, right now I know the RGN Classic server is also running the Immersion Overhaul mutator and its usually occupied EST evenings and on weekends. Of course, you must look for it under the Unranked Tab of the game browser.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:14 PM

Answer to title of thread is in OP. "No one plays it anymore".
Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM

People do play it. I play it. I havn't been able to support classic events or even the IOM because my gaming computer died.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:41 PM

Haven't played any RO2 for a few months. Came back a few weeks ago to find that 40-1 no longer have a classic server, and pretty much every classic server was empty.

So instead I've been playing on realism servers, where the only bolt action you see has a scope on it and the Russians are all spawning with MG34s.

I get bored quickly. I managed to get onto a server running the Immersion Overhaul mutator the other night and it was great....but since then, that too has been deserted.

A shame. I really loved Classic mode
Old 03-13-2014, 03:02 PM

Quite a few people wish to play classic, but not enough to keep a server populated every day at peak times. And that's really the minimum threshold required for a game mode to stay alive.

Bleh. Sucks.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:31 PM

Because of work and other real life imitations, I haven't fired up the game in at least a month, depriving Khaine of many easy kills. I've given up on Classic tbh, and instead am patiently waiting on the IOM which is a far better alternative IMO for MOI.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 PM

I am not sure how easy or if it is possible to get server using different modes at different times!? I am saddened to see classic go especially with all the time effort involved in making it happen.

Definitely agree the quicker IOM gets whitelisted the better.

Khaine is Lord and watching him at work in spectator mode is entertainment in its own right and yet have to come up with a cunning plan to stop his kill streak on me. Maybe a nuke mutator!? <Tip hat and bow>

Last edited by PvtBalderick; 03-13-2014 at 07:17 PM.