• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

Do keep us in the loop, but keep it vague. "We will be releasing a new build in the very near future ..." would have been enough to stoke the fires of anticipation without giving the whiners more ammo to ***** with.

Although I think TWI is doing nothing wrong with having deadlines and the public is indeed very whiny to say the least:rolleyes:; But the quoted part does make it better. Communication is indeed a very good part of TWI, and the lack of exact dates will make the community somewhat mor epositive.

Upvote 0
[TW]Yoshiro: We are working on it
[TW]Yoshiro: still
[TW]Yoshiro: something came up
[TW]Yoshiro: with our last build
[TW]Yoshiro: if it is late for you, go to bed. Not sure what the time table will be
[TW]Yoshiro: The changelog is the same as yesterdays posted one
[TW]Yoshiro: with I think 2 additional fixes
[TW]Yoshiro: that would result in a crash

Just said moments ago on the Steam chat.

Reactions: J.Corvus
Upvote 0
Geez, sometime people write some stuff... :rolleyes:

Chap, posting an announcement detailing a forthcoming release, then delaying, stating a fresh time and further with-holding information when said new date has rolled by, would never sink with consumers in an offline world. Why should it not be the same here?

TWI ought buck up their PR system or at least resist the urge to tease us so hard. :p

Upvote 0
Chap, posting an announcement detailing a forthcoming release, then delaying, stating a fresh time and further with-holding information when said new date has rolled by, would never sink with consumers in an offline world. Why should it not be the same here?

TWI ought buck up their PR system or at least resist the urge to tease us so hard. :p

so you suggest they not tell us anything at all rather than being honest and enthusiastic? geez. then people would complain that twi have lost their connection to the community. thank god twi have realised that they can't please everybody and just do their thing.

Upvote 0
Haha, [citation needed]. Look at these WWII aerial recon photographs, does that look like the planes flew at a height of 20 meters? It's not possible to spot camouflaged infantry (like these guys) from that height, and if it is, it's very difficult to get a positive ID on them.

PGwsD.jpg

Bs7X6.jpg

ktaUM.jpg

Again, I'd have no problem with them if the recon planes in RO2 flew higher than they currently do and could only spot vehicles and stuff like that. But that's not the point of this thread. All I did was ask for an option. And there are a lot of things I like about RO. But it looks like an argument is coming up and I didn't mean to start any, so I'll pull out of this thread. It's just a bid disappointing that it's somewhat impossible these days to question some of TWI's motives without someone writing a defensive post in reply.

EDIT: I also realize that RO is not a sim. It's somewhat in between an arcade game and a sim. Many of the things in RO get abstracted, such as the artillery, which doesn't take as long as it did IRL to arrive. But the recon plane got abstracted a bit too much IMO.

Anyway, I'll stop.

Your mistaking light tactical recon/observation aircraft to strategic recon aircraft. Aircraft like what is used in game did not do what you provided as evidence. The Ceilings of the aircraft used in game is under 5,000 meters (the PO-2 and the Fi 156 for the Russians and Germans respectively).

These aircraft did fly low enough to the ground to sport troop movements.

Upvote 0

That's how game and software development works, stop *****ing and deal with it.

Upvote 0
That's how game and software development works, stop *****ing and deal with it.

No it isn't. Most game companies do not delay their releases this frequently, and if they do, they tell their audience months in advance. Don't downvote me for saying this, cause personally I don't care too much, but TWI should be more careful about their release dates.

I'm not saying 'screw you TWI! i'm going to cancel my preorder!' I like TWI, but I wish they would give us a more accurate time table. No need to announce and update if they know it will be most probably delayed.

EDIT: If your about to downvote me, please read my clarification on the next page first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0