• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Promoting Teamwork

Fultron

Aug 30, 2011
After more than a couple frustrating games as the Russian's on the Danzig clone resulting in lockout, I've come to the conclusion that basic leadership via VoIP seems to make all the difference.

What do I mean? When left to their own devices, it seems (just as in real life) soldiers are content to sit back in the opening buildings or in their spawn, plinking at German/Russian helmets, the long range equivalent of whack-a-mole until the timer runs out. With no encouragement or direction, only the veterans of RO1 seem to achieve anything.

However, when someone takes over a leadership role and directs over VoIP, the effect is pronounced. It seems that even a tiny bit of audible encouragement or direction rallies the team together and things seem to get done infinitely quicker. Even just simple voice commands on occasion help dramatically in forming a cohesive team.

Anyone else notice this trend or am I just crazy?

Reactions: funymunky
However, when someone takes over a leadership role and directs over VoIP, the effect is pronounced. It seems that even a tiny bit of audible encouragement or direction rallies the team together and things seem to get done infinitely quicker. Even just simple voice commands on occasion help dramatically in forming a cohesive team.

Anyone else notice this trend or am I just crazy?

Well yeah, that's what leadership does. It's the reason we have leaders. It's not a "trend" or you going crazy, it's human nature :p

Upvote 0
Working together makes RO what it is imo.
I remember the days when loads of people would get into a transport vehicle, flank round the enemy and assault them like a bunch of shock troopers.

Right now theres not that much teamwork in RO2, but there will be soon, once people get accustomed to everything.

A lot of the times i found in RO1, that there was little communication, people just knew what to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eh, you already get way more points for completing an objective than you do for kills. Recently I managed to get fourth place on my team with just as many kills to my name, mostly because I did the objectives, you'd think such a big bonus would encourage players enough to rush capture areas.

Along with point bonuses for killing enemies inside of objective areas too.

So while voice comms certainly help, big juicy point rewards tend to work even better (in my experience) in encouraging the masses to do stuff. As some have this uncanny knack to flat out ignore anything being said over voice comms.

Upvote 0
On the danzig map where you have to pass the bridge and go too the wall to capture the area.. on the right side.

People do not understand it and keep shooting and most of the time try not too capture it.

I can't remeber how many times the russian failed on that map due too not reading the team chat.
It makes life easier and actually win the game.

Upvote 0