• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reasons why its worth to be a PCgamer in 2011-AKA why you gonna lose your job/friends

I would say it could be described as the whole WoW experience (except pure RP or questing) on a server packed into 30-60 min matches. As DotA is really popular, the competiton is big. Hence the fuzz about it I guess :D.

If I interpreted you right as in "what is DotA?" =).

If you mean the whole Blizzard vs LoL vs Valve vs Ice Frog drama, I also don't know what is going on ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would say it could be described as the whole WoW experience (except pure RP or questing) on a server packed into 30-60 min matches. As DotA is really popular, the competiton is big. Hence the fuzz about it I guess :D.

If I interpreted you right as in "what is DotA?" =).

If you mean the whole Blizzard vs LoL vs Valve vs Ice Frog drama, I also don't know what is going on ^^.

I'm still confused. *dies*

I'll just get it anyway. :V

Upvote 0
I don't have a very good insight in the DotA community these days, but I just looked for something on youtube for some describing video and found this www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXXrwQ7h7w
no idea if the commentaries are good at all or whatever, but it should clear up a bit =).
HON is essentially DotA btw. It is like comparing RO and DH.

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
Well, from that list:

100% Buy:
The Witcher 2
HoS
Dragon Age II
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2
Mass Effect 3

Might Buy:
Diablo 3
RAGE
Brink
Arkham City

Will have a look at:
Shogun 2
Depth
Contagion
The Spire
XCOM
Duke Nukem Forever
Dead Space 2
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

No way in hell:
Crysis 2 -> cut back to fit consoles, 12players mp = wtf?
Bulletstorm -> sorry but this is the typical idiot game for fat 12year old american kids
Next 08/15 call of duty -> speaks for itself
OFP: Red River -> do I really need to explain why

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, from that list:

No way in hell:
Crysis 2 -> cut back to fit consoles, 12players mp = wtf?
Bulletstorm -> sorry but this is the typical idiot game for fat 12year old american kids
Next 08/15 call of duty -> speaks for itself
OFP: Red River -> do I really need to explain why

congrats, you've finally turned a new leaf
I'm quite impressed at your buy list, b/c as an elitist I actually agree with it for the most part

Upvote 0
Not necessarily from that list, but...

For me 100% buy are:

HOES
Skyrim
Portal 2
Diablo 3
Natural Selection 2
Trine 2
Guild Wars 2
The Witcher 2
Mass Effect 3
Sword of the Stars 2

Might buy:

Mortal Kombat
TERA (I really don't want to, but it looks too good)
Catherine
Tomb Raider
Dungeon Siege 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia

Will keep an eye on:

Test Drive Unlimited 2
Dragon Age 2
Deus Ex
Game of Thrones
The Cursed Crusade
L.A. Noire
Project Dark
Shadows of the Damned

Not attracted by anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks pretty good to me. Not amazing but looks like a perfect sit around with your buddies and do ridiculous **** kind of game. It's refreshing to see a shooter not take itself so seriously and go Duke Nukem style.
Well maybe it was just the retarded bulletpoints videos that gave me that impression.

@illinifan
I got Black Ops because I skipped MW2 and felt like playing some CoD again, but I got tired of it after 10h in MP and well afterall it is pretty much the same as the games before, so unless the next CoD has some huge improvements and an interesting setting(like WW1, yeah very likely >.>), both things that are very unlikely, I won't buy another one

Oh also I forgot to add Homefront to the "no way in hell" list. Plus Skyrim looks pretty neat but I'll wait for some proper footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: illinifan
Upvote 0