• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] BioShock: Infinite

1. A trailer that shows nothing other than the setting in CG (which looks like Myst, meets Steampunk, meets Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow)
2. Wow - another sequel to another franchise.

Honestly...how people still manage to get their hopes up or expect anything other than the same old pap with a slightly different lick of paint is beyond me.
Yes it'll get loads of hype/media coverage, yes it'll get great scores, yes it'll look and play JUST FINE.

I tried to like Bioshock, and Bioshock 2, but - ****s sake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho_Sam
Upvote 0
1. A trailer that shows nothing other than the setting in CG (which looks like Myst, meets Steampunk, meets Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow)
2. Wow - another sequel to another franchise.

Honestly...how people still manage to get their hopes up or expect anything other than the same old pap with a slightly different lick of paint is beyond me.
Yes it'll get loads of hype/media coverage, yes it'll get great scores, yes it'll look and play JUST FINE.

I tried to like Bioshock, and Bioshock 2, but - ****s sake.
It's not a sequel to BioShock1 or 2 and basically has nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0

If that's the case then they should have made it a separate, more original, project instead of taking Bioshock's name to make money.

I'm not saying it won't be good but I agree with everyone else. I'm ****ing tired of sequels. It's really not that hard at all to come up with interesting and creative new ideas.

Upvote 0

Funny you should say that, when I originally wrote the post I wrote sequel with inverted commas so as to indicate the fact it was a sequel in name only, but I took them out as I thought they were unnecessary...

As Amerikaner has said - if it has nothing to do with it then stop being unimaginative shallow ****s and drop the ****ing name. "From the makers of BioShock" is enough to get the attention of people.
That said, I'd be very surprised if it didn't share many elements with BioShock (that I shall be calling System Shock:Aqua from now on).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's not turn this into another pissing contest, we got plenty of those.

I liked Bioshock, but personally I thought the end was pretty much conclusive. There was no need for a part II. They simply should've stopped and make a new game. But they made part II anyways. Okay, so it probably found some fans. Might even be a good game.

But now a prequel with a seriously high wtf factor. It just seems forced to me.

Upvote 0
The developers explained that their idea of 'BioShock' has existed long before they made it an underwater shooter(I remember reading they for example were planning to have a secret nazi base instead of rapture), now they're carrying on this idea to another scenario which is why they keep their name. I don't get why some people here act as if they were personally insulted by the fact that it carries the BioShock title. There might also be marketing reasons behind it(not that it would be anything new -> see CoD series or MoH, actually even RO), but if you SheepDip specifically already disliked the the first two BioShocks how in gods name would it matter to you? Or do you think you're a person with such a high morale that you could not stand the demonic marketing purposes?

Just to clear it up I'm disappointed that it's a BioShock title again because I would've prefered a new IP, but some reactions here are just ridiculous.

Reactions: PNV and Psycho_Sam
Upvote 0
but if you SheepDip specifically already disliked the the first two BioShocks how in gods name would it matter to you? Or do you think you're a person with such a high morale that you could not stand the demonic marketing purposes?

Just to clear it up I'm disappointed that it's a BioShock title again because I would've prefered a new IP, but some reactions here are just ridiculous.

BioShock is just watered down System Shock - there's simply no escaping that fact. I tried to look past that and play the game (which isn't bad). I dislike what the franchise (like many others) represents because it is the definition of lazy game development.

Why would it matter to me? Because I am a gamer and have been for 20 years - I am interested in games and I want to see more of them.

I am tired of seeing the same thing happen over and over with regards developers taking an old idea that has been done already, doing next to nothing with it but adding a new sheen (and don't get me wrong, sometimes it's a nice sheen) and it being absurdly hyped up before release, then hailed as some masterpiece by gamers and the gaming media after release when in reality it's a case of "been there, done that". It's like getting excited about a straight to DVD film sequel.

There's nothing wrong with re-using a formula (even if you aren't going to be expanding on it) but to do it such a brazen and lazy way is a constant annoyance and frustration - which I might add is multiplied tenfold when some people act the same way time and again comfortably oblivious to the apparent stagnation that's staring them in the face.

It hardly seems reasonable to say that just because the idea of BioShock existed before BioShock was even developed so why not carry on using it?

The original "BioShock" idea was based around reprogramming peoples minds, that idea never made it to BioShock (or BioShock 2), and I doubt very much it'll feature in this latest title.
There is no justification for using it other than publicity by association, the fact that it's from the same developer is association enough.

You seem to start threads for new games all the time, and yet when it is a sequel (and it is a lot of the time) you seem surprised when myself and others on this forum act aggressively to them, surely you realised by now what's going to happen?

We're getting off topic anyway, I tell you what - I'll send you my left nut if BioShock:Infinite sells poorly, is rated poorly (whether it deserves it or not) or if it in actuality isn't the same thing as it's "predecessors" - and we'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We're getting off topic anyway, I tell you what - I'll send you my left nut if BioShock:Infinite sells poorly, is rated poorly or if it in actuality isn't the same thing as it's "predecessors" - and we'll leave it at that.
Well if it sells well and also has good ratings then it can only be a game made by satan himself.

Upvote 0