• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bayonet is OP!

I am quite a fan personally, although these Russians may not be, it was a frenzied moment when the red mist descended i only remember wildly fired shots, screams and one Russian desperately drawing a pistol.

heheag.png

You woulden't believe it if i had just told you :p

Holy S**T!! I bow to you! :)

Reactions: Sven998
Upvote 0
Fun Fact: During the development of the rifle grenade, attempts were also made to produce a "rifle bayonet". This attachment was to be mounted over the barrel of a rifle. When fired, the bayonet would shoot off, impaling the enemy.

Experiments were stopped when they realized that bullets do the exact same thing.

May I request a link or some reference? I am quite interested in reading about that :D

Upvote 0
I managed to scare the living daylights out of a friend of mine on Spartanovka. I heard shooting inside Zeb's, and as I walked inside I started sprinting up the stairs. Three germans were in one of the East-facing rooms, firing out the windows, while my buddy on the german team was one floor above. He told me via skype that he'd only hear gurgling and deathrattles form the floor below, and all the gunfire stopping. Then he heard: ZA STALINA and got stabbed in the neck xD

Upvote 0
One of the finest moments I've had in the beta involved a very brief melee. Ambushed a bunch of germans with a ppsh. Emptied the mag, switched to my trusty revolver (that I always select over the T33!) and emptied that too. One german survived and charged at me with rifle raised to strike. And I just managed to time a pistol whip to his face before he hit me. Ah... if only I usually did that well :(

Upvote 0
Especially as the hit detection is what it is...

Yep the bayonet isn't OP at all, it's just the hit detection in CQB is so laughable. You can literally walk up to someone and prod them in the face with the bayonet while absorbing withering gunfire, so if anything, people should be making threads about getting kills with guns in close combat instead of bayonets!

Upvote 0
I don't even think it's the bayonet per se. I've noticed more people just charging straight into me and meleeing since the last set of maps were added.

Now, I'm as capable of panicking as anyone else, but with an SMG in my hands? I've fed SMG rounds into people charging into me, and they just melee through it, I die, and somehow they walk away without a scratch.

So yeah. Hit detection at close ranges is giving people a distinct advantage in melee. It's like after 10 feet, if they're moving, you're more likely to kill with melee than with anything else.

Upvote 0
I think stabbing is appropiately lethal.

Sometimes I need to hit people 3 times.

And the fact that people don't pay attention, doesn't make the bayo OP.

Also, jumping someone from around the corner in a building, is probably what the bayonet was for anyway.

I'm pretty okay with it as is.

that seems better than the normal 1 stab kill that happens to me and my victims but i think they should yell or scream in pain not just fall over in sparnovka i just run around in the town hall at the end of the round trying to clear the building for the Germans

Upvote 0
fun fact: During the development of the rifle grenade, attempts were also made to produce a "rifle bayonet". This attachment was to be mounted over the barrel of a rifle. When fired, the bayonet would shoot off, impaling the enemy.

Experiments were stopped when they realized that bullets do the exact same thing.

pppfffffffekekekekekekekekekekeke

Upvote 0