• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just how exactly maps adapt to player count?

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
I'm thinking about the layout of Danzig remake "Apartments". Danzig was a map meant for 32 players tops, adding 50 players kinda screwed it up, and now it must be able to hold 64 players... how exactly is this possible in its current layout? Will the map be wider and have more streets to the sides? I'm just curious.

Same that happens to players now if the spawn moves i guess ? They get vaporized ?

Or is the mapsize a option that could be controlled by the server admin ?

Based on the ROLadder interview it seems to be able to auto adapt to the amount of players in the server. Although a server Admin can override the setting to something of his preference.

Although I personally think its likely that the map doesn't change in its size during the actual game, but it rather checks the players on the server before loading a map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nice!

As for players being in area's that are going to be locked off, i guess it shouldnt be too hard to add a check-system to see if anybody is still in that area, and if so, to prevent a lockdown untill the soldier leaves that area.

Which leads to a next question:
How are these area's being locked off? Do walls collapse etc, how do they open up etc? How is it visualised?

Upvote 0