• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hello guys!I'm a Chinese player who speaks English here!

Er,I havn't noticed that...It's a shame that no english teacher(from primary school teachers to uni professors) had ever taught me about the space after such marks(?!.). And for the spelling,yeah,my mistake.

don't worry about the spelling; even natural enlglish speakers misspell on occaison. It's odd they didn't teach you the space after punctuation though. Oh well, now is a good a time as ever to learn.

Upvote 0
Ich sprechen nicht Deutch.

My NZ friend taught me how to say that.

JFK taught me:

Ich bin ein berliner. (berliner being a pastry/sausage in that context)

I actually said "Ich sprechen nicht Deutch." to a german KF player and he responded in german.

Anyone know why?

It's: "Ich spreche nicht Deutsch";)
Well Idk why someone would responde in german if you say that... Maybe he wasn't able to responde in english :confused:? And don't mix Austrains with Germans:D. If I'm talking in german ppl always think I'm German and French guys keep calling me a Nazi. Oh well I guess WW2 was hard for them. But anyways it's annoying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering how many people are playing KF, I think there are lots of players, how take most things as joking - which can be pretty annoying for the other players. Been having such moments as well. Joining a server, typing the usual "hi", they have been speaking kiddo-german-internet-slang, until I responded I could perfectly understand them, leaving with a bang as I left them alone being wiped out by a few fps and sirens, then being the only one left, I left the servers.
Yet again, I have been having really nice chats with many people whose first language is either english or french; you would be surprised how understandable things can be in the midst of a firefight. :)

Candle Jack said:
I actually said "Ich sprechen nicht Deutch." to a german KF player and he responded in german.
Anyone know why?
Could it be they mistook your for someone how didn't speak "Dutch"? Deutch is a small spelling mistake (which can be done easily in a difficult language as such, I don't fully understand it myself. :p) which could mean both "Dutch" (Netherlands, I think) and "Deutsch" (German).

As far as the term "Nazi" goes, it is a tricky case, a term so distinguished and forced people have no option left but to insult or leave; a term so harsh you should be really careful to use. People probably do not know or do not use the term with care.

Breach said:
Just to note to the German attempters...

Ein/Eine, means 'a' or 'one'. Ich means "I". And there is no such thing as ze... it is spelled sie, and used in that form it means "the" which wouldn't be needed.

Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, aber rostig. Mein Englisch ist besser.
Not bad at all. :) "Z

Last edited:
Upvote 0
However, I notice there are a lot of Taiwanese who doesn't speak English so well. Unless they have study oversea.

True. They also make up terms instead of using the normal ones for easier understanding.

I was playing this game of BioticsLab where there were 6 people. 3 of us held in the spawn point while the other 3 went for the stairwell. Needless to say, all 3 of them eventually ran back screaming(I'm Malaysian Chinese so I understood what they said),"A bunch of yellow-red men!"

Of course, what I understood from the message was "A bunch of Clots and Gorefasts!" because of their skin colour. A couple of them were low-levels and we were on the eighth wave so it was understandable they were being overrun.

Unfortunately, it turned out the "bunch of yellow-red men" were not a mob of Gorefasts and Clots but TWO Fleshpounds. Needless to say, we got wiped out. :(

Upvote 0
True. They also make up terms instead of using the normal ones for easier understanding.

I was playing this game of BioticsLab where there were 6 people. 3 of us held in the spawn point while the other 3 went for the stairwell. Needless to say, all 3 of them eventually ran back screaming(I'm Malaysian Chinese so I understood what they said),"A bunch of yellow-red men!"

Of course, what I understood from the message was "A bunch of Clots and Gorefasts!" because of their skin colour. A couple of them were low-levels and we were on the eighth wave so it was understandable they were being overrun.

Unfortunately, it turned out the "bunch of yellow-red men" were not a mob of Gorefasts and Clots but TWO Fleshpounds. Needless to say, we got wiped out. :(

Haha,I can understand that.
What they were trying to say was "The big one with yellow-red light on his stomach". Noobs tend to describe fleshpounds like that. When I face my first wipeout I talked to myself:"What the hell is that big zed with yellow-red fluorescent in his stomach?!"

Upvote 0
Veteran now is using "FP!" or "Fleshie!" when they see one.

In China? Gee,just a loud shout "tank!!" through the mic. It is the highest alert. Not typing cause most Chinese are inexpierenced in typing,use the mic instead.
Or use v31,that makes a voice command:"Look out!!"

PS:In Chinese KF players,Fleshpound is nicknamed "tank" cause it is as powerful as a tank.:IS2:

Upvote 0
Suggestions?I can.
Tactics?I can.
Teamwork?I can.
Discussion?I hope there are no gaps.:D

This would look grammatically smoother as:

"I can make suggestions, I can discuss tactics, and my teamwork is excellent. Discuss. I also hope there aren't any mistakes in my grammar."

However, the statement may not have the impact you're looking for phrased that way so it's understandable if you purposely chose that format.

As for me, I speak frurent Engrish, so even if your grammar wasn't great I'd understand you. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0