• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

French KF forum and support?

Hi Tripwire team.

My name is Gabriel and i'm living in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I speak french and find nothing in french about KF.

I really love that game, I have 2 dedicated servers. I'm starting to get comfortable with the game, configs, webadmin... So if you could create an French KF Forum, I'll be very glad to moderate the forum and support people with their problem as I can. Add sticky post like How to config KillingFloor.ini and things like that. All in french.

I don't thing I am the only french-speaking player in that game, because some of my friends play KF :) but seriously that can help people and I can do what I can to help them or translate and create tutorials. I know you guys are really supporting people and release a lot of update, and I would like to thank you all, with that french forum this could be the beginning of multi-language support/content for Tripwire.

If you're interested about my idea contact me at contact[a]stonedpub.com or PM me. I don't want to be pay for that or anything just help you guys and all french KF players and servers owners.

Thank you guys for all your awesome games, your supports and I'm sure it's only the beginning for you at Tripwire.

Gabriel.

Then, I want a finnish forum too! Theres at least 1 other finnish guy besides me.

I wouldnt use the finnish version cause I understand english "online terms" better, but hey its good to have!

No but to be serious, I doubt they would do that cause clearly you can understand english just as well and TW probably doesnt have enough spare hands to moderate multiple language forums (cause lets face it, you cant be the only moderator in these forums, youd need someone from TW too). Do any of them even speak/understand french?

If you want a french KF forum, go ahead and make one yourself.

Upvote 0
Then, I want a finnish forum too! Theres at least 1 other finnish guy besides me.

I wouldnt use the finnish version cause I understand english "online terms" better, but hey its good to have!

No but to be serious, I doubt they would do that cause clearly you can understand english just as well and TW probably doesnt have enough spare hands to moderate multiple language forums (cause lets face it, you cant be the only moderator in these forums, youd need someone from TW too). Do any of them even speak/understand french?

If you want a french KF forum, go ahead and make one yourself.

I speak Chinese, I want a Chinese forums too, and there's way more Mandarin speakers than the French, by like.. 20:1...

But seriously, find a free board hoster and call it "Killing Floor French community" or something

Upvote 0
A few reasons to say "no" to adding this:

1) Adding a french-only subforum and french support to killing floor will force TWI to do the same to various other languages: German, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish...

2) Creating regional subforums is likely to split the community. TW obviously does not want that, seeing as everything that could split the in-game community (new perks, maps, weapons) was added freely and to everyone. See Activision for a community-splitting situation.

So, I say no.

For the record. I'm Brazilian, so I'm not saying no because "I have no need for regional subforums". I have no need for regional subforums, though, as I can handle myself when it comes to communicating in english (with a few mistakes of course, but nothing serious).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OH GOD MY EYES I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYMORE EVERYTHING IS TURNING FRENCH I KNEW THIS DAY WAS GOING TO C-

...Oh, wait, they're speaking French on purpose.

Then it's okay! ;)

As for being on-topic, have one French forum, then russian members want a russian forum, then the Germans...

And then WE feel unloved and then we want a new forum.

And TWI goes bankrupt from forums.

That is my prediction. xD

Upvote 0
A few reasons to say "no" to adding this:

1) Adding a french-only subforum and french support to killing floor will force TWI to do the same to various other languages: German, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish...

2) Creating regional subforums is likely to split the community. TW obviously does not want that, seeing as everything that could split the in-game community (new perks, maps, weapons) was added freely and to everyone. See Activision for a community-splitting situation.

So, I say no.

For the record. I'm Brazilian, so I'm not saying no because "I have no need for regional subforums". I have no need for regional subforums, though, as I can handle myself when it comes to communicating in english (with a few mistakes of course, but nothing serious).

This, and that again. If that happens, we will see maps made in a specific language forum, KEPT will have to go around in each one to test them.

Some mutators may be made in a single language that a lot of people won't understand. Not that it will matter much, but i'd rather not have to translate some line for the configuration.

And for those who can't (don't want) to post here in english, like ToNiO posted, there is always fanmade forum for them to go to.

Upvote 0
Hi Tripwire team.

My name is Gabriel and i'm living in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I speak french and find nothing in french about KF.

Yes, funnily, there is nothing French about a game set in England and developed by an American company...

I would like Tripwire to add comments about the French to the voice acting, it would be a lot more realistic than talking about Wayne Rooney or the Millwall fans.

Upvote 0
It's irritating enough to have spanish, french, russian or whatever people babble constantly at you in their first language expecting you to understand them in game, I'd rather not have something like this in the forums too.

We should all agree on 1 language which just so happens to be english.

If you want a french KF forum, I'm sure there already is one.
Google is your friend.

Upvote 0