• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Suggestions.

3.jpg

greatcoat? :confused:

Upvote 0
It was really strange seeing footage of Fallen Fighters (Fallen Heroes) and the Germans weren't wearing their greatcoats.

Well, in the summer.. only madmen would run around in the russian summer with a greatcoats on.. they are WARM! long underwear, wool uniform and a wool greatcoat would kill you D=
But as to the wintermaps. I would have liked to see more greatcoats yeh.
Then again, isnt it a wellknown fact that the germans didnt pack winter equipment for barbarossa?

As to the parkas, these where NOT much issued this early in the war, if at all >_>

Upvote 0
Ok now that I've played many many hours of the beta and right now i'm actually bored of Apartments and Fallen Fighters. Fallen Fighters is great map! Apartments is alright I guess! But you can only play the same 2 maps for so long! So I'm going to go over the stuff in my original post and see what I've changed my mind on.

Bandaging System
After playing the beta, I've realised that the Bandaging system is worse than I thought. It's WAY to fast and you can easily heal up while the guy is bolting his rifle... I seriously think bleeding needs to take longer to die and bandaging needs to be a lot longer with a simple animation. AND also a different button from Left Control the way you get behind cover and magically heal up is really bad.

The Lack of German Greatcoats
I'm still hoping that the German Greatcoats are still currently being made. After playing Fallen Fighters for hours on end. I realised that it would make the gameplay more realistic and more hard because from far away you can easily see who is German and Russian from the uniform differences.

Medals
I've only see the two DDE medals so far so I can't really say anything.

Maps
From the maps I played the maps are looking great. Fallen Fighters is so much better than Fallen Heroes on Ostfront. Tripwire did i great job.

Tanks
From the looks of it the Excessive Tank recoil has been dealt with but it's still a bit too much recoil in my opinion and the Tanking is very buggy at the moment but I'm sure Tripwire will fix that :D

Anti Tank, Hafthohlladung and RPG40
My Nightmares have actually come. The Hafthohllagung is thrown and what makes it worse is you throw it about 2 metres so you have to get close enough you might aswell just stick it on. I really hope that Tripwire are planning on making this better.

Carrying Two Weapons
Still concerned about carrying multiple HEAVY weapons such as the MGs but I've not really seen anyone abuse this yet in game so it might actually be fine how it is. I do love looting grenades from dead bodies. I always wanted that in RO:Ost, a higher nade limit but you still only spawn with two.

Quick Conclusion
Now I just want to say that the game is actually amazing. I can't explain how surprised I am about it. I was always thinking the worst when hearing stuff about Mkb42s and G41s and PPSh stick mags but I just think the game is great! I guess thinking the worst was good because it completely made the game experiance better! I just gotta say Great Work TWI! I also can't wait to start making more Stalingrad maps when I get my hands on that Editor.

Reactions: reyalpOR
Upvote 0
Well, in the summer.. only madmen would run around in the russian summer with a greatcoats on.. they are WARM!

Erm... Fallen Fighters is a winter map, mate.

Biermann, I agree on the Haftholladung being planted instead of thrown. Awesome work on making this thread. :D

This game is amazing and with a few tweaks could be even more so. Great work, Tripwire!

Upvote 0
Ok I've updated the first post with all my new suggestions. Have a good read and if you like the suggestions bump the thread to get them seen!!

Spoiler!

Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
I just added four more more Suggestions in the main post. One about the Anti Tank and Engineer classes, one about Text Chat, another suggestion about symbols, another about weapons getting shot out of your hands and a huge one about how I think Bandaging should be used (Also a Medic idea in the Bandaging section) Enjoy the read.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0