• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 (Retail) activation on Steam?

Umm, no. Living in one of the most expensive countries in the world, I have NEVER seen a game that is cheaper on steam than in the stores, unless it was at sale at steam, in which case it doesn't count. Sometimes steam and retail is the same price, often it is more expensive on steam.

Never? Wow...In my experience if you pre-order the game you get it for about 10% off a lot of the time.

Upvote 0
From what I have seen of Steam and reading things on the forums, prices here in the US on Steam are more in line with other retail stores. This of course doesn't include store or Steam sales, just regular prices. However, I am more likely to become aware of a sale on Steam than casually walking into a store and seeing something on sale.

It seems this really isn't the case outside of the US.

Upvote 0
it pays to shop around as there have been some games that are cheaper in retail, but in most of the games I have, its been cheaper to buy them off of steam, even for new games.

I am sick of amassing all of these DVDs myself, Ive got tons of them collecting dust (and my DVD drive went out) so I buy it on steam unless its cheaper elsewhere (then I have to borrow my friends external DVD drive).

Upvote 0
I'm just curious. If those of you in Europe or Australia buy an item online from an US company (and it is shipped from the US and not in inventory in Europe/Australia), is there some sort of import duty or tax?
Or do you just pay the current conversion rate for the currency?

Australian here, we pay current conversion rate. But I think very costly things we have pay tax... but I cant remember the last time I got anything expensive so I could be mistaken.

Upvote 0
Is there any *confirmed* information about activation of RO2 retail via STEAM? I know it supports SteamWorks but this doesn't mean that activation will be possible (SteamWorks = 1 or more STEAM features within a game and the list is rather long).
I'd like to hear an official statement if Steam activation is going to be possible on retail - boxed versions of the game (like the standard or collector's editions in Poland).

Upvote 0
Is there any *confirmed* information about activation of RO2 retail via STEAM? I know it supports SteamWorks but this doesn't mean that activation will be possible (SteamWorks = 1 or more STEAM features within a game and the list is rather long).
I'd like to hear an official statement if Steam activation is going to be possible on retail - boxed versions of the game (like the standard or collector's editions in Poland).

Steam is mandatory

Upvote 0
I just saw this pic, taken by an Australian:

crazysteamprices.jpg

89.99 USD for Skyrim.... but when I check my Steam Store here in Canada it's only 59.99 USD. And the Australian Dollar is stronger than the American, so if they do a 1:1 conversion they really are getting shafted both ways.

Upvote 0