• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will TWI be at E3 this june?

Maybe it's better to spend the money on direct marketing friendly magazines/ websites with sufficient reach to create awareness. Presumably E3 is going to be all about MW3/Kinect/Nintendo etc and the little guys' messages just get lost. No point being a little fish in a big pond. I've no idea what it costs for a stand a E3 but I presume it's a lot and the ROI questionable (especially with flights etc).

Of course a Killing Floor 2 announcement would make it all worthwhile.......

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
Meh E3 isn't really a REAL game's convention anymore these days anyway. It's all about the big companies throwing obscene amounts of money at fancy displays so they can have rigged interviews with the major media outlets. It's a shame, because it did use to be the best. I guess it's not as bad as it was a couple years ago when they decided to make it a totally closed, invite-only affair but I hear that it's still a lot like that now.

I'd put Gamescom, GDC, and others much higher up as far as real game conventions go. I'd rather have TWI working their asses off getting RO2 to the beta phase than compiling a full cooked build just to have something for E3.

Reactions: 213 and u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
Meh E3 isn't really a REAL game's convention anymore these days anyway. It's all about the big companies throwing obscene amounts of money at fancy displays so they can have rigged interviews with the major media outlets. It's a shame, because it did use to be the best. I guess it's not as bad as it was a couple years ago when they decided to make it a totally closed, invite-only affair but I hear that it's still a lot like that now.

I'd put Gamescom, GDC, and others much higher up as far as real game conventions go. I'd rather have TWI working their asses off getting RO2 to the beta phase than compiling a full cooked build just to have something for E3.
EA will most certanly be showing BF3 and Activision the new COD. If RO2 isn't ready by then, I think TWI should attend to the event to call the attention of the media covering those games and get in the middle of the comparisons that the magazines will be making in the following months between these three games. Otherwise, the new COD could take the place of RO2 in the magazines and in these comparisons, that while incredibly stupid, still help the marketing of the game.

Upvote 0