• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map release]TE-Butovo

Started a lan server with 8 bots game crashed after about 5 mins.with the following error:

0316.66] Log: PunkBuster Server: Player GUID Computed 00000000000000076561197967922501(VALID) (slot #1) 192.168.2.6:60829 Major_Day
[0316.76] Log: PunkBuster Server: Master Query Sent to (MASTER8.EVENBALANCE.COM) 66.180.170.20
[0318.05] Log: PunkBuster Server: Received Master Security Information
[0335.86] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0336.11] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0336.36] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0336.61] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0336.85] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0337.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0337.35] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0337.60] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0337.85] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0359.12] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0363.21] NetComeGo: Open TheWorld 12/21/11 18:34:23 24.126.109.58
[0373.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0373.49] Log: ClientAuthComplete: bSuccess: 1, SteamId: 76561198045758831, ExtraInfo:
[0384.58] NetComeGo: Close TcpNetDriver_0 TcpipConnection_2 24.126.109.58:49719 12/21/11 18:34:44
[0388.11] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0400.12] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0439.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0439.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0442.13] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0451.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0457.09] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0474.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0514.13] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0517.13] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0533.12] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0557.12] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0573.47] Error: FBitWriter::SerializeInt(): Value out of bounds (Value: 3222274048, ValueMax: 2097152)
[0573.47] Error: FBitWriter::SerializeInt(): Value out of bounds (Value: 3222274048, ValueMax: 2097152)
[0587.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0596.12] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0619.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0619.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0620.09] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0641.44] Error: FBitWriter::SerializeInt(): Value out of bounds (Value: 3222274048, ValueMax: 2097152)
[0641.44] Error: FBitWriter::SerializeInt(): Value out of bounds (Value: 3222274048, ValueMax: 2097152)
[0644.13] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0669.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0671.12] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0684.13] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0687.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0690.10] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0690.15] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

Stack: Address = 0x41cea4 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

[0690.15] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[1099.51] Log: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

Stack: Address = 0x41cea4 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Address = 0x7d4e237e (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
Address = 0x47ece1 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4ae823 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

No players were allowed to connect, so that rules that out, but here is the part i don't understand:

(i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

My d: drive is my dvd rec.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(snip)
[0690.15] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]
(snip)

This is what is causing the crash. Some array is indexed at position higher than 0, but the array length is 0. Meaning the array would be addressed outside the boundaries (looking in the blue). It is protected by an assert to prevent a major crash. The assert fires and terminates the server before damage can be done.

Now the question is which array is it and why is it index outside the array boundaries. This probably means that the map setup is missing something.

I looked in the SDK source files, but those are all Unreal Script files. The .h file mentioned in the log probably means that the crash is caused in a c++ file and those are not shipped with the SDK. My sugestion is to post this error report in the Bug report section or to PM it to one of the devs.

Edit: Had some errors in my explanation. Corrected those.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Major - you also don't have the files that the error mentions :) As Ducky says, those are SDK files - so the error is referring to the location of those .h/.cpp files when TWI built the server project last.

The interesting thing this highlights, is the fact that the current server executable seems to be a "debug" build, rather than the normal "release" build. At least, I'm fairly sure that asserts are not present in release builds - they instead compile to empty code, meaning you should never see an assert from a released build of a game. This isn't the end of the world - but a debug build has extra code and overheads that the release build would not contain. Debug builds are, however, good for easily catching nasty bugs - so either TWI forgot to switch to Release before the last build, or there's something they're hunting for, and hoping server .log files expose it :)

There could be an exception to this however - the SDK, UDK or UE SDK may contain a custom assert() macro that is included with Release builds (or rather is not excluded in the Release build) - in which case the above paragraph is definitely waffle :) heh

Upvote 0
Rekrut -- look in your WorldInfo. Make sure you don't have a player slot without a role assigned to it.
no, the worldinfo has noplayer slot without a role assign

This is what is causing the crash. Some array is indexed at position 0, but the array length is 0. Meaning the array would be addressed outside the boundaries (looking in the blue). It is protected by an assert to prevent a major crash. The assert fires and terminates the server before damage can be done.

Now the question is which array it is and why is it index while it has zero length. This probably means that the map setup is missing something.

I looked in the SDK source files, but those are all Unreal Script files. The .h file mentioned in the log probably means that the crash is caused in a c++ file and those are not shipped with the SDK. My sugestion is to post this error report in the Bug report section or to PM it to one of the devs.

i hope that this are the reason of the crash!!

Upvote 0
Would love to run this map on my server 24/7 with the other beta mod map that came out but for some reason once players start to join the server/map crashes. I think it's a great map just wondering if you are going to put out an update soon that is a little more stable? Again hats off to you for getting this out and great job...just anxious to get it in the rotation. :D

Upvote 0
Im sorry but I want to talk about grass.
Map is very nice but like I said before grass need to be rebuild, at this stage is just unfair for players who play with grass (foliage quality on Medium or High)
I will show you what I mean on shots.

Top screen Foliage Quality HIGH
Bottom screen Foliage Quality LOW

can't believe you struggled with the scoped g41 enough for that scope :D

Reactions: Scrappa
Upvote 0
The Beta 3 also leads to crash .
I ve send a message to the development . i hope they can help me to eliminate this crash bug .

I suggest you recreate the map in a new file, one element at a time. Check each section as you go until it crashes. I had to redo Ogledow a coule of times until I got a sense of what the map could do and what caused trouble. Start fresh and keep it clean and you won't have problems.

Upvote 0
I suggest you recreate the map in a new file, one element at a time. Check each section as you go until it crashes. I had to redo Ogledow a coule of times until I got a sense of what the map could do and what caused trouble. Start fresh and keep it clean and you won't have problems.

all custom asset is no longer saved on the map file in the Beta 3 .
but at all the server crashs with this log file :[0188.72] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]
Stack: Address = 0x41cea4 (filename not found) [in C:\servers\147.120\home\ns61463\7777\redorchestra2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
[0188.72] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Lop

Upvote 0
for some odd reason my damn pm's are not working. so sorry for posting this here.

Ok, i think i found the problem. now would you like me to try and improve the fps a bit by trying to optimize it for you? there is also few problems with your paths. and maybe move the rest of the assists into the map? that way you just have the map file?

Upvote 0