• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not a fan of lockdown

I understand the purpose of lockdown, in terms of realism. If the Wehrmacht were to attack a defended Soviet position and could not break through relatively quickly, they operation could be called off due to that (often they were advancing in ways that only a fast strike could result in victory).

I like the idea of it being a server setting, but I would like to see it work too. A short period where the advancing army MUST take the first point, else they lose. After the first point, the lockdown timer is either reset or removed.

Sounds like a very interesting game mode to me, although it could be difficult.

Upvote 0
As long as it's the first objective that only has a lockdown i don't mind it so much, as long as it has a long enough time. It's only when it's more than half of the round where you have that timer telling you to hurry while you have the other regular round timer and the reinf decreasing that it starts to ruin the fun for me. 3 things is too much to worry about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It isn't lockdown that's the problem, it's the stupid teams.

I have YET to see the russians on Apts. get to the wall and capture the points without being kicked in the ***. It should take 30 seconds. It's too many CoD kiddies who want to go snipe nazis in the windows like Vasili that make lockout annoying.

Upvote 0
True...players need to be more concerned about caps than kills.

That doesn't mean that the players who are playing the game correctly should be punished (I use that term loosely) because of campers. I'd still rather play a non-lockdown match with a team full of campers and lose after a long match, than any match with lockdown enabled. At least I can get into the game for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Upvote 0
I understand the purpose of lockdown, in terms of realism. If the Wehrmacht were to attack a defended Soviet position and could not break through relatively quickly, they operation could be called off due to that (often they were advancing in ways that only a fast strike could result in victory).

I like the idea of it being a server setting, but I would like to see it work too. A short period where the advancing army MUST take the first point, else they lose. After the first point, the lockdown timer is either reset or removed.

I get your point, but even so, it should be implemented by cutting off reinforcements after the lockdown timer. Effectively simulating that the attack has gone nowhere and commanders aren't going to commit any more troops. However, if those alive manage to capture the points, by all means, continue.

Upvote 0
I feel if attacks got unlimited reinforcements and defenders got alittle bit longer to set up this game mode would be greatly improved

This way defenders have to set up and co-ordinate defence otherwise will fall very quickly, attackers dont have to crawl around and move super slow, they can move a bit more quicker and put pressure on and would also give more incentive to attack.

Upvote 0

In 3 minutes though? I don't think so. Especially at Stalingrad. This isn't the blitzkrieg through France we're talking about here.

Upvote 0
I think it's an OK idea, but needs refining. Maybe lockdown could be shorter, but resets everytime the attacking teams begins to cap. Or perhaps a short lockdown timer starts if after five minutes the defenders never had more than 10% of their soldiers in the respawn queue at any single time.

Basically I think it's great that they're trying to stamp out boring stalemates, but there needs to be a way to do something about it. Whilst obviously RO2 is a team game, individual actions should still count for something (Hero mechanic), so in the case of the defending team not taking more than 10% casualties at any one time, a lone attacker could go on a charge and slaughter half the enemy team, and the lockdown timer resetting could represent the morale of the pinned attackers going up.

Upvote 0
I think it's an OK idea, but needs refining. Maybe lockdown could be shorter, but resets everytime the attacking teams begins to cap. Or perhaps a short lockdown timer starts if after five minutes the defenders never had more than 10% of their soldiers in the respawn queue at any single time.

Basically I think it's great that they're trying to stamp out boring stalemates, but there needs to be a way to do something about it. Whilst obviously RO2 is a team game, individual actions should still count for something (Hero mechanic), so in the case of the defending team not taking more than 10% casualties at any one time, a lone attacker could go on a charge and slaughter half the enemy team, and the lockdown timer resetting could represent the morale of the pinned attackers going up.

I agree it should be used to stamp out stalemates and one sided battles but lockdown does more than that. It makes the attackers rush like it's CD and remove all slow tactics. Also I've seen soviets lose an otherwise good round in commisar's house because they ran out of lockdown, the round timer was still good and they were attacking the last 2 objectives.

Upvote 0
I get your point, but even so, it should be implemented by cutting off reinforcements after the lockdown timer. Effectively simulating that the attack has gone nowhere and commanders aren't going to commit any more troops. However, if those alive manage to capture the points, by all means, continue.

This. Just prevent the attackers from respawning when the timer ends. If they manage to cap, add to the timer like now and allow respawning again. Problem solved.

Upvote 0