• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I think that everything in Russia is the greatest of WW2.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
They obviously had the greatest tanks of WW2, the T34 was the greatest tractor until the IS2 came out and ended the war.

For small arms....

The Mosin Nagant was better than the K98 because it had adjustable sights and was sighted in with a bayonet, they also had carbine versions that the K98 didn't have....

The PPsh was the best SMG of the war, it was more powerful, faster, and had bigger and more prone friendly magazines than the MP40, and even if you did want a slower firing SMG you had the PPD and PPS.

The Tokarev was the best pistol of the war, it was like a 1911 but with an even MORE powerful round.

The DP28 was the best LMG of the war, even though it didn't have the firepower of German MG's, it didn't overheat as quickly and they issued more to each squad, so if one was taken out the squad only lost 1/3 of its MG power and not all of it, with an MG42 or MG34 you were putting all your firepower eggs in one overheated basket.

The Katushya rocket was better than the German artillery, the Germans had rockets too but not as many and the Katushya was on a truck so it was highly mobile.

The winter fur clothing used by the Russians made them not freeze to death, enough said.

And also, Vodka was the best alchohol of WW2, it has the most alchohol content (40%!) so it gets you druck quicker.

Last edited:
One word: Mkb42

Also the K98k is already the carbine and the T33 round is not more powerful than a .45 but penetrates better.

Also -1 for making another unimaginative waste of time thread :p

Yeah but its only slightly shorter than a Mosin Nagant, the full size Mosin is an epic spear that shoots bullets, while the carbine version actually is really short for those who need it.

The K98 is just somewhere in between.

Well the penetration is better, since you can get guys behind light cover, 45 can't penetrate very good.

As for the MKB/MP44, there were never enough of them to make a difference, people clame it inspired the AK-47 but it was actually the Avtomat.

Upvote 0
Greatest planes of WWII:

by late 42 Soviet planes were superior to Ger planes, La 7 was the best performing fighter especialy in dogfights in ww2 better than p51,spitfire and fw190 and way better than any version of a bf109!Yak 3 was also excelent far superior to any Ger fighter ina dogfight!

Greatest fighter of WWII:

And La 7 is the best fighter of ww2

Greatest submachinegun of WWII:

Wtf Ppsh 41 Is Not Crap Its Better Than Mp 40

Greatest sniper of WWII:

Russian snipers are the best in the world, history has shown that and Zaitzev had 450+ kills thats a fact and there were another 2 male Soviet Sniperser that killed 200+ Ger plus women snipers one who killed 300+ger.There are no Ger,US or British snipers that even have close to so many kills in ww2.

Greatest semi-automatic rifle of WWII:

Russian weapons are advanced designs for instance SVT 40 is an extremely complex and high production quality weapon much better quality than haphazard quality g43.

Greatest tank destroyer of WWII:

and the very effective SU 100 tank destroyer t34 chassis.

Greatest graphics of WWII:

Add Hdr Bloom To Map It Will Look Way Cooler

Greatest grandpa of WWII:

one of my grandpas was a sniper in the 12 Guards, he killed 78 Ger soldiers and officers 29 of them were SS plus more than a dozen Ger civilians my other Grandpa was a IS 2 tank commander and his tank killed a king tiger, 4 tigers and 6panthers and 7other tanks and countless Ger inf and some civilians

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They obviously had the greatest tanks of WW2, the T34 was the greatest tractor until the IS2 came out and ended the war.
The Panther had a smaller round, and higher penetration capabilities than any Bolshevik tank. It engaged at longer ranges, and was the first tank to have illuminated sights. The Panther had to be outnumbered by IS2's to be taken down.

The Mosin Nagant was better than the K98 because it had adjustable sights and was sighted in with a bayonet, they also had carbine versions that the K98 didn't have....
The Mosin Nagant was and still to this day the ****tiest rifle ever. The Kar98 has adjustable sights. The carbine version is labeled K98k, which stands for Kurz. It is much more comfortable to shoulder and much more reliable. Today's rifles borrow the K98 system over the Mosin Nagant system (which sucks).

The PPsh was the best SMG of the war, it was more powerful, faster, and had bigger and more prone friendly magazines than the MP40, and even if you did want a slower firing SMG you had the PPD and PPS.
Preserved PPSh's today hardly work. All preserved MP40's work on the first shot. MP40's had enlarged magazines, and fire a larger round. The 9mm is one of the most popular calibers out today. Can't say the same for the 7.62x25.

The Tokarev was the best pistol of the war, it was like a 1911 but with an even MORE powerful round.
P38 & 1911 are tied for the best. Both are extremely reliable designs, and both the 9mm and .45 are still used today. Sorry, the Tokarev shoots a punier round than the 9mm and .45.

The DP28 was the best LMG of the war, even though it didn't have the firepower of German MG's, it didn't overheat as quickly and they issued more to each squad, so if one was taken out the squad only lost 1/3 of its MG power and not all of it, with an MG42 or MG34 you were putting all your firepower eggs in one overheated basket.
The DP28 doesn't overheat because it shoots slower than a grandma with a musket. German squad tactics are far superior to Bolshevik ones, so MGs were rarely knocked out. 1 MG34 or 42 could pin down 20 DP28s. Barrel changing for the MG34 and 42 takes a matter of seconds. It takes so little time, a squad of Landsers could cover with rifles while he changes.

The Katushya rocket was better than the German artillery, the Germans had rockets too but not as many and the Katushya was on a truck so it was highly mobile.
The Katushya is the greatest firecracker of WWII. It's loud, but doesn't do jack ****. Nebelwerfers and Stukas were even louder, had more explosives, and used deadly incendiary ammo to burn every Bolshevik out of his trenches.

The winter fur clothing used by the Russians made them not freeze to death, enough said.
Germans had wind-resistant material, which was lighter, cheaper, and warmer. It gave them the mobility to make extreme maneuvers and eventually kill every Bolshevik in sight. They even had multiple patterns of camouflage, which were reversible. Can't say the same for the Bolsheviks and their dark brown "winter fur" clothing. The last time I checked, dark brown doesn't blend well with white.

And also, Vodka was the best alchohol of WW2, it has the most alchohol content (40%!) so it gets you druck quicker.
Germans had meth and ecstasy.

:IS2: greatest troll of TWI forums :IS2:

Upvote 0
You actually bothered to seriously answer to that post, Herr Ostmann?:confused:

And Herr Ostman, I must say that you are one seriously biased and staid man. Or are you just trolling too? Anyways, thanks for the laugh. :p

The Mosin Nagant was and still to this day the ****tiest rifle ever. [...]

Preserved PPSh's today hardly work. All preserved MP40's work on the first shot. [...]

What can I say...pretty sad stuff, if you are being serious...

Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0
You actually bothered to seriously answer to that post, Herr Ostmann?:confused:

And Herr Ostman, I must say that you are one seriously biased and staid man. Or are you just trolling too? Anyways, thanks for the laugh. :p

What can I say...pretty sad stuff, if you are being serious...
I think you're biased to the :IS2:...

Upvote 0
The Mosin Nagant was and still to this day the ****tiest rifle ever. The Kar98 has adjustable sights. The carbine version is labeled K98k, which stands for Kurz. It is much more comfortable to shoulder and much more reliable. Today's rifles borrow the K98 system over the Mosin Nagant system (which sucks).
The worst military bolt action of all time is either the Carcano or the Ross. The Nagant is simple and crude yes, but unreliable? No way, they are simple and reliable. They even have an ingenious catch in the magazine which makes it impossible for the rimmed ammunition to get loaded with the rims overlapped.

Also the square post front sight and U notch rear sight of the Nagant is much faster to align and draw a bead with than the pointed front blade and V rear sight of the Mauser. Nagants are also quite accurate, hell I've got an M44 carbine which will pull 1.5-2 inch groups at 100m with crappy surplus ammo all day long.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The worst military bolt action of all time is either the Carcano or the Ross. The Nagant is simple and crude yes, but unreliable? No way, they are simple and reliable. They even have an ingenious catch in the magazine which makes it impossible for the rimmed ammunition to get loaded with the rims overlapped.

Also the square post front sight and U notch rear sight of the Nagant is much faster to align and draw a bead with than the pointed front blade and V rear sight of the Mauser.
I guess everyone missed the fact that I was joking around, just like this thread.

But I'll play along:
The Russians were so genius, they covered all of them in preservatives that jam all moving parts, which need extreme heat to clear.

Kar98s are simple, reliable, AND accurate at real combat ranges. I think the choice is clear.

Mosin-Nagant-Arm-5-people.jpg

Upvote 0
The worst military bolt action of all time is either the Carcano or the Ross.

For military purposes, the early Ross rifles were awful, yeah. Too easy to reassemble incorrectly, which could result in a bolt through your forehead after the first shot. I'm not positive, but I believe they fixed the problem for the later rifles.

The Carcano wasn't really as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's biggest flaw was primitive ammunition design. It had almost as long a service life as the Mosin-Nagant, actually, with the last rifles not retired from Italian government service until the 1980's. You don't keep a weapon around for 90 years if it's a piece of crap, unless you have no other options available. Also, the Italian military continued using them in NATO marksmanship competitions in the 50's and 60's, well after they'd stated using the Enfield and the Garand as issue rifles.

Also the square post front sight and U notch rear sight of the Nagant is much faster to align and draw a bead with than the pointed front blade and V rear sight of the Mauser. Nagants are also quite accurate, hell I've got an M44 carbine which will pull 1.5-2 inch groups at 100m with crappy surplus ammo all day long.

I've got both Mauser and Mosin rifles. I agree with you - I much prefer the Mosin sights to the Mauser sights.

Upvote 0
Greatest planes of WWII:

Greatest fighter of WWII:

Greatest submachinegun of WWII:

Greatest sniper of WWII:

Greatest semi-automatic rifle of WWII:

Greatest tank destroyer of WWII:

Greatest graphics of WWII:

Greatest grandpa of WWII:

Wow nice find! I guess I didn't realize that guy posted all that crap lol. Now we have DEFINITIVE ANSWERS!

And seriously LOL at "Greatest Grandpa of WWII" -- sounds like some BS to me. Though if his grandfather WAS an IS2 commander then 7thGaurds is as close to a human born messiah as we can ask for ...

Upvote 0