• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Witcher 2

Coining the terms "PC gaming master race - dirty console gaming peasants" was one of his best moments (after joining Escapist), the use of this motif alone made this highly enjoyable. One of his better reviews, a game that really frustrates him seems to be necessary for those.
The criticism seems to stem from the expectation that a game should basically play itself or are blatantly false, but those minor faults never detract from the quality of his reviews :D

Upvote 0
Hmm... well, I get it that he has to pick on games, cause that's what he does, and I'm perfectly fine with it when he does so to ****ty games. I also get it that he's not really an RPG fan and is more of a casual gamer.

But I gotta say, I disagreed with almost all he had to say in this review. Especially about combat being hard. If he can't figure it out, then it's his own bloody fault.

In any case, long live the glorious PC gaming master race!

Upvote 0
Hmm... well, I get it that he has to pick on games, cause that's what he does, and I'm perfectly fine with it when he does so to ****ty games. I also get it that he's not really an RPG fan and is more of a casual gamer.

But I gotta say, I disagreed with almost all he had to say in this review. Especially about combat being hard. If he can't figure it out, then it's his own bloody fault.

In any case, long live the glorious PC gaming master race!

I wonder what he'll say about RO2.

Probably blame the game for his own suck.

Upvote 0
For one, he'll only play the SP part of it.

Tho he does seem to have a soft spot for indies. I remember he was quite generous when reviewing Amnesia. But I guess that game is a bit more casual than RO2 will be.

Unless TWI screws up with the AI, I believe the SP will be great, at least for all the info we've got so far, it just sounds like the best kind of SP an FPS can have.

Upvote 0
Yahtzee's an entertainer, it's pretty much his job to troll around regardless of the genre or type even when he quite frequently manages to point out some valid criticism or quirks of a game. Those times he trashed a game I like or enjoyed otherwise I still had good laughs watching the reviews without having to go like "zomg that's so wrong false [insert flammable defensive comments here]"

There's no point taking them too seriously no matter what his cult-like fanbase (which he sort of hates) says :p

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong, I rather like his humor and quite frankly often agree with his criticisms. It's just that this is one of the few reviews where I disagreed with most of what he said and his jokes were imo kinda.... meh.

at least for all the info we've got so far, it just sounds like the best kind of SP an FPS can have.
I would venture to guess that your average console FPS gamer would disagree. Then again, they won't be able to play the game, now will they. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My average console FPS gamer has never been exposed to a good FPS in the first place, so who knows? :)
You have an overly positive outlook on life. It's depressing me and I refuse to continue this discussion any further.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Coining the terms "PC gaming master race - dirty console gaming peasants" was one of his best moments (after joining Escapist), the use of this motif alone made this highly enjoyable. One of his better reviews, a game that really frustrates him seems to be necessary for those.
The criticism seems to stem from the expectation that a game should basically play itself or are blatantly false, but those minor faults never detract from the quality of his reviews :D
Yahtzee's reviews are pure entertainment and I take them as nothing but that, still he can be pretty damn hypocritical. In a lot of reviews he rips on modern games for being too easy, then when a genuinely hard game comes along he rips on it for not being easy and holding your hand (like Demons Souls, Ninja Gaiden and now Witcher 2).

Also his complaints about the inventory and weapon addons etc are pretty stupid, enhancements list if they're for swords/armor in the description, and your swords/armor have slots on them. Really it doesn't take a genius to work out that you drag an enhancement onto an item and bang it's done. Also even if you are too retarded to work it out all the information you need about everything is in the glossary one press of 'j' key away.

I guess it's pretty obvious he's retarded when he couldn't work out that you can skip the cinematic and go straight to the fight again if you die on the Kayran :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just finished the game. The overall very good impression is kinda destroyed right now by how short the game is / how quickly it ends.

Spoiler!

Thinking about doing a second, "quicker" playthrough on easy and main missions only in order to explore the other choices. Afterall Chapter 2 is very much different from what I hear depending on whom you side with in Ch1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0