• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] best of called of duty series

best of called of duty series

• call of duty

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • call of duty 2

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • call of duty 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • call of duty 4

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • call of duty world at war

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • call of duty MW2

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • call of duty black ops

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Well...

Call of Duty -> Very nice game and I think I finished it about 3-4 times. I'm not sure whether I played it in MP, I rembember Pavlovs house, bocage, that nazi villa map, carentan, etc. but that could also have been CoD2 I think.

CoD:UO -> Very cool campaign and in MP it was great with the german front mod

CoD2 -> Felt like a polished version of CoD1 and a bit of a step back from UO, on the other hand I played tons of MP simply because of all the awesome custom maps and also german front mod I think

CoD3 -> Didn't play since it was console exclusive

CoD4:MW -> Definitely by far the biggest leap forward in the CoD series. Incredibly addicting MP and superb SP, I still have to shiver when I think about the nuke going off. The pacing was simply incredible(sniper/stealth missions in chernobyl / action in the ranger missions).

CoD:WaW -> In my eyes also brilliant. The SP was really entertaining because they added those "wtf" moments and the SP, while surely not having too much new stuff compared to CoD4, was addicting too but of course nothing close to a real ww2 experience. Also this was the last cod game on pc to feature free mappacks

CoD:MW2 -> didn't buy since it didn't have dedicated servers, but I played the SP on my brothers PS3 and well... while it did have some cool things that havent been done before, like the EMP attack, it overall didn't feel right to me not at least to the incredibly dumb story

CoD:BO -> treyarchs best cod yet and imo they have taken over the series now. MP is finetuned to the last detail and the SP was nice too.

If I had to rank:

1) Modern Warfare
2) Call of Duty 2
3) Call of Duty: Black Ops
4) Call of Duty: World at War
5) Call of Duty + UO
6) Modern Warfare 2

Upvote 0
The best was COD. It actually required a certain amount of skill in multiplayer with some great maps. COD: UO was a great addtion, they added sprint, smoke and some great maps to what was already a great game. The community turned to dirt from COD4.

1. COD
2. COD: UO
3. COD2
4. COD: WAW
5. COD4: MW
6. COD: Blops
7. COD: MW2

Last edited:
Reactions: Reise
Upvote 0
Didn't the first not have the incredible annoying feature of endlessly respawning enemies?

Most if not all COD games have that feature :p

As well as COD and UO, Blops has it in one of the Vietnam levels. Cod2 has it in lots of places especially noticeable in The Silo level. I can remember it happening in WAW as well. Can't remember if COD4/MW2 had it but I imagine they did.

Upvote 0
Cod1 was a generic shooter with cinematic SP, but with some realistic enhancements like being able to aim and actually having teamates.

Cod2 was a generic shooter with cinematic SP, but worse MP.

Cod3's SP was like it was made for kids, or by kids or something, I never played the MP much but it was pretty decent.

Cod4 was the death of shooters, the SP is cheesy and retarded, I know not everyone is some kind of hardcore military buff but it was just stupid, the MP introduced leveling which makes you feel like you're a badass when you're not. Theres a bunch of guns but most of them are very similar, theres no big maps, people mostly play for XP.

Cod WaW only played the MP demo and didn't like it, people were pissed at me for not getting this game, I saw gameplay vids of the SP and thought it was stupid.

MW2 I never played except for the demo, but it was a bigger and badder(not in a good way) version of CoD4. I keep hearing all these people yearn for the good ol days of CoD4, which was just sitting around boosting and starting all over for a little medal icon thing.

Cod BLOPS Never played it, I heard the story was alot better, but that the MP is the same old same old. However I was playing Red Orchestra with a Black Ops player one time, he was new to the game so I offered him to follow me, he said "I'll show you how Black Ops players fight" and I said "And I'll show you, how the Iron Cross is won". Before we even made it to the frontline he had emptied his whole magazine and said "I need to reload, how do I reload?" and I was like "HAHAHAHAHAHAWAHAHAHAHAWAHAHAHAHAH!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For me:

CoD4
CoDMW2
Black Ops
CoD 2 and WaW

They are nice for 6 or so hours of mindless SP fun. The multiplayer in 4 and MW2 are completely trash though.

Cod BLOPS Never played it, I heard the story was alot better...

Extremely predictable and very generic. Overall, I would say it was more creative than MW1/2/WaW, but after 5 minutes you know how the story will play out.

Upvote 0
The first one was the only one i bought, and it did not impress me, i came straight from the Infiltration and RO mods, and had gotten used to a bunch of inovations and a level of realism from thouse that CoD just didn't have, it's MP seemed Quake'ish to me, and the SP was wrought with historical inaccuracy, bad hollywood clich

Upvote 0