• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

Well,I managed to get the mod by online clients,but...The SS gets no discount in the M99??Man,$4000 is an impossible amount on HOE!
Simply awful:mad:

I don't think they can program this yet, but yes, the Sharpie WILL get a discount on it. Same discount as for the HC(s) and the M14 (= 70% discount at level 6, which would put the M99 at a 1200

Upvote 0
The sound and texture is great.But I found something not that sweet.

In textured scope mode The zoom of scope is the same as the ironsight of normal guns(eg 9mm).Not good.Make it AT LEAST the same zoom rate as the xbow.

The reloading is still too fast for non-SS.I suggest that KEEP THE RELOADING SPEED FOR SS AND SLOW IT DOWN FOR OTHERS.(SS own the current reload speed and others SLOWER).

Also,something about the texture.

The single bullet icon please?I have advised you before.Just like the LAR.

Also does the reflection image on the scope.Would you disable it on lower graphic settings?This is TOO GOOD and costs a lot of performance.Make it disabled so that player with a junior graphics card on their PCs could avoid wasting performance on such a thing.

Problems when run out of ammo:
#1 You holster the gun when the last round is fired,but the sound of pulling bolt remains.
#2 When you ran out of ammo and purchased new ammo,there are no reload action.The round itself goes to 1/24 after a few secs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The sound and texture is great.But I found something not that sweet.

In textured scope mode The zoom of scope is the same as the ironsight of normal guns(eg 9mm).Not good.Make it AT LEAST the same zoom rate as the xbow.

The reloading is still too fast for non-SS.I suggest that KEEP THE RELOADING SPEED FOR SS AND SLOW IT DOWN FOR OTHERS.(SS own the current reload speed and others SLOWER).

Also,something about the texture.

The single bullet icon please?I have advised you before.Just like the LAR.

Also does the reflection image on the scope.Would you disable it on lower graphic settings?This is TOO GOOD and costs a lot of performance.Make it disabled so that player with a junior graphics card on their PCs could avoid wasting performance on such a thing.

Problems when run out of ammo:
#1 You holster the gun when the last round is fired,but the sound of pulling bolt remains.
#2 When you ran out of ammo and purchased new ammo,there are no reload action.The round itself goes to 1/24 after a few secs.

You mean the 2D scope? Because here I have normal zoom.
We just can make the M99 cheaper in the script but as I said the SS perk will not work as this weapon is not in the list. We just can set all the values so ,that it is has about the same power, as if a Lvl 6 SS would be using it.
Reloading speed is for everyone the same and will probably stay this way. As it is terribly ineffective without the SS bonus. I tried it on HOE and killing an FP with body shots is impossible and you'd also need 3 or 4 headshots.

so i was working this gun like crazy on a normal game - support perk for the weight, HK23 M99 Flares and PipeBombs - lots fun. I kill the patty easy with a couple M99 headshots. Then my game was ruined when it showed me using the cbow instead of my M99 in the ending scene (where ur party sits around in 3rd person and everyone throws cash, lol). WHY IS THIS LIKE THAT?? I was really looking forward to seeing my guy with the M99.

Also, just a suggestion, but when a player crouches the bipod for the gun should go down. I't kinda makes no sense to me to have a bipod when it never gets used. But the gun is making my day over and over and over again. THIS IS SUCH GOOD WORK. I've yet to try it on hard, since i don't wanna work for 4k on hard or suicidal by myself, but this makes any normal game soo much fun. I killed soo many clots on normal with a headshot pierce (that little t-bone ally in westlondon = awesome lol)

Imma go back to my :IS2: now.

Yeah we still have to add the 3rd person Model. This isn't much of a thing and will happen soon ;). Atm we just wanted to know what you folks think about the weapons balancing and "feel".
We however change the code so that it gets the SS bonus.

Thx for the feedback!

Just type on HOE:
EnableCheats

God

Allammo

Then kill some FPs and you can buy the weapon. We will lower the price to 500 or so for now. (for testing reasons)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the BETA version...so just make it cheaper like $10 so SS can carry it to fight on HOE.I only managed to pick up this gun on beginner difficulty.It's just awful.

About the reloading speed...Allowing a support to fire this weapon in such a fire rate is UNBALANCED!!It SHOULD BE terribly ineffective against FP without the SS perk.Support with the AMR is designed to take out high threat and fragile targets such as sirens,husks,and scrakes.Not FP unless you wish support to be overpowered!

Upvote 0
This is the BETA version...so just make it cheaper like $10 so SS can carry it to fight on HOE.I only managed to pick up this gun on beginner difficulty.It's just awful.

About the reloading speed...Allowing a support to fire this weapon in such a fire rate is UNBALANCED!!It SHOULD BE terribly ineffective against FP without the SS perk.Support with the AMR is designed to take out high threat and fragile targets such as sirens,husks,and scrakes.Not FP unless you wish support to be overpowered!
Well 4 seconds reload time is quite alot. Otherwise it will just get frustrating!
WE will have to set the FP damage reducer a bit higher. Also: On normal and hard you also can 1 shot kill FPs. And in my opinion the M99 is quite ineffective without the SS perk.
Oh and if you still have the old version which has a 1 bugged fire rate then please download the new one.... It should take about 3.5 seconds or so to reload!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well 4 seconds reload time is quite alot. Otherwise it will just get frustrating!
WE will have to set the FP damage reducer a bit higher. Also: On normal and hard you also can 1 shot kill FPs. And in my opinion the M99 is quite ineffective without the SS perk.
Oh and if you still have the old version which has a 1 bugged fire rate then please download the new one.... It should take about 3.5 seconds or so to reload!

Another bit higher resistance?That will make the gun totally useless against FP even for SS.Just keep the firepower.
Also,the reload takes about 2.5 secs to reload in the old version,isn't it?Just keep it for SS.4 secs for Non-SS and 2.5 secs for SS is just good.That's a 60% speed boost for SS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another bit higher resistance?That will make the gun totally useless against FP even for SS.Just keep the firepower.
Also,the reload takes about 2.5 secs to reload in the old version,isn't it?Just keep it for SS.4 secs for Non-SS and 2.5 secs for SS is just good.That's a 60% speed boost for SS.
The old version had a bug so that you could fire without fully playing the reload animation. But the 3.5 seconds speed will stay the same for everyone for now. As you said overpowerd..... I thought the rifles firepower would be too high. Bug-Using can't be called overpowerd. ;)

Upvote 0
GOOD job! I like it! Nice reloading and shots animation. But there is some defects:
1) model in 3rd person view - Crossbow :confused:
2) model on ground - Crossbow :confused:
3) bullet - bolt from Crossbow :eek:
4) aiming animation too slow
5) cost 4000$ - I think to many, better 2000 or 2500
6) effect with SS perk imperceptible :mad:

I hope that this defects only in beta version... ;)

Sorry if I am wrong

Upvote 0
GOOD job! I like it! Nice reloading and shots animation. But there is some defects:
1) model in 3rd person view - Crossbow :confused:
2) model on ground - Crossbow :confused:
3) bullet - bolt from Crossbow :eek:
4) aiming animation too slow
5) cost 4000$ - I think to many, better 2000 or 2500
6) effect with SS perk imperceptible :mad:

I hope that this defects only in beta version... ;)

Sorry if I am wrong

This is all just in the Beta Version.... Don't worry! However SS does actually get the SS bonus but no discount. And it is a bit too weak for the SS atm.
The aiming animation is supposed to be that slow. This is a balancing reason! You should only be able to aim that quick witht the XBow!

The m99 shoots xbow bolts for me?

The man in your Sig. would say :"Deal with it!!!" lol no, that's just a small thing we forgot to change:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel myself like in slow-motion then trying to aiming and it's irritates. I think you can increase reload time (reload animation) and decrease aiming animation = balance will be same.

And that about make a mele attack by this riffle? For example on middle mouse button.

Ok for the nex update we will increase the aiming time a bit. However realoading time will stay the same, as it seems quite fine. And you really don't want to wait a 5 seconds reload animation, this then would really make it underpowerd, as the rifle is not that powerfull. Atm almost like the XBow but we will change this a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any chance the trader/weapon select image could be updated? I hate looking at da EBR when i'm trying to buy the M99 lol. and i really like the idea of a AMR-Hammer secondary fire XD
EDIT: another suggestion - someone mentioned the lack of scope-zoom. I think you should try to do what the guys did for the SA80 in the WTF -Mut. Have the middle-mouse button scroll through zoom levels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0