• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual Machetes

Title. Just ability to purchase the second one, like a second 9mm or handie or magnum. Increases attack speed and power of mid mouse attack(as it will now strike with both of em at time).

see before i post anything, i will ask community: IS HIS POST WORTH A MASSIVE LOL ON HALF OF THE PAGE? WHY A RETARDED IDEA LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME + IT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED MANY TIMES.

Upvote 0
I've said that multiple times: this idea may look cool, but is essentially pointless. Why?

You don't need double attack speed. You won't be able to switch targets that fast while landing headshots. And if you're not aiming for heads, you're doing it wrong.

You want more damage? So basically you want the power of katana, but with the weight of 2 instead of 3 and for a lower price? Balance breaking.

You want a wall of damage in front of you, so you don't have to aim a lot? Buy a goddamn chainsaw.

So, yep, nothing to see here, move on.

Upvote 0
No, no, and no.
Yes, dual machetes you imagined suxs huge balls.
Attack speed is higher, but not doubled. Damage is the same as machetes are the same, but hit more friquently.
What the deal is colossal power attack damage. Since he strikes with the same speed as he did with one, he not uses two at the same time.
God damn chainsaw front damage is extremely low and it's endless so you don't even need to time your attacks.
Less powerful basic attack with approximately the same attack speed of katana, with more powerful power strike than katanas.

Upvote 0
Dual Machetes would be a lot of fun, but they need something else, and ofc balance has to be considered:

The Powerstrike would be too good if it was just 2x the power. It would be better if it hit the powerstrike TWICE (two seperate attacks) with the same old power each (and maybe make it a tad slower than a single machete's powerstrike, to not make it too high in DPS). Thus, you sort of get double the power, but you don't get the massive decapitation power like the Claymore/Axe/Chainsaw/Katana would, and you can't stun Scrakes from behind with the Dual Machetes as a high level Berserker either (having its powerattack simply as a single attack with double power would though, which imo is too powerful). Thus, the Dual Machetes would be purely for trash.
Then what good would they be if only for that? Well, if they would be throwable, they would suddenly become more useful, and even used perked more often, even if already carrying a weapon like the Katana/Claymore/Chainsaw/Axe...

And fyi, the Chainsaw is very strong now (damage-wise), it's huge downside (and the reason it's useless) is that it doesn't give you the melee movement speed. What it could need is an increased headshot multiplier on its secondary attack (to 1.25x, from 1.0x) so you can stun Scrakes from the front with a headshot.
It could also be given (partial?) melee movement speed, but i guess a price increase and/or using fuel would had to be added for balance's sake.

Upvote 0
Actually you can disable scrake by hitting him in his face with machete over and over.
Zerks still gain their class movespeed bonus from chainsaw as it still a melee weapon, though it doesn't speed player on it's own as it's heavy.

Disable (also known as Flinch-locking) is only true on Hard and below.
But STUNNING (as in, he can't even move or attack for a few seconds, like when you shoot a LAW at him for example) is what im talking about.

And afaik, the Berserker has NO bonus speed whatsoever with the Chainsaw as i think it doesn't count as a melee weapon (in terms of movement speed at least).

Upvote 0
People don't get regular movespeed boost(like with starting knife) while carrying chainsaw, BUT zerk gets bonus movespeed with chainsaw from his perk movespeed bonus as a chainsaw is still a melee weapon for this purpose. Or then zerk's bonuses wouldn't apply to other chainsaw things like damage or aspd.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Title. Just ability to purchase the second one, like a second 9mm or handie or magnum. Increases attack speed and power of mid mouse attack(as it will now strike with both of em at time).

btw you only got downvoted because of this has been suggested so many times before. but I still support the Idea and show got sportmansship and vote +1 :D

Upvote 0
I dont think it's overpowered enough, here have some Triple Machetes
Spoiler!

Upvote 0