• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design SDK Will Not Start

CrazyJay

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
My KF UnrealEd will not start any more. The splash picture comes up then I get two Critical Error Messages. Can anyone help me?
-------------------------------------------------------
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2802 MHz with 2038MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (6099)

General protection fault!

History: WBrowserStaticMesh::UpdateMenu <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnSize <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WBrowser::OpenWindow <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OpenWindow <- WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2802 MHz with 2038MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (6099)

General protection fault!

History: WBrowserStaticMesh::UpdateMenu <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnSize <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WBrowser::OpenWindow <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OpenWindow <- WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- FALVoiceModule::NoteDestroy <- UALAudioSubsystem::NoteDetroy <- ULevel:: DestroyActor <- (Camera myLevel.Camera0) <- UPlayer:: Destroy <- UViewport:: Destroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsViewport:: Destroy <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

----------------------------------------------------------------------

mmm i'll take a shot at attempting to help you =D

1. go into your killingfloor/system and delete your killingfloor.ini and unrealed.ini(if yours created one) this will cause you to have to re do your video settings in killingfloor but if it works who cares lol

2. if that doesn't work then uninstall your killing floor sdk. then reinstall it.

3. if it still doesn't work then i dunno........ lol

good luck man =D

Upvote 0
this also happens if you(it happens to me!) dont delete any ucc compressed map files in your maps directory, also any newly created ucf files (sort by date modified) should get deleted and new logs created by ucc, basically just the not needed NEW files being deleted solves this problem; FOR ME anyways.

also try moving your auto##.rom, and any new maps you made, to the killingfloor base directory, just in case something you did in one of those screwed up (this has happened to me before too) then moving each one back inot the maps directory and each time start up/close kfed to see if any of those are the problem as well.

hope one of these solutions helps.

Upvote 0