• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server ServerExt Chat Filter

Tripster

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2006
Hey all,

Ok, while installing support for Reserved Slots I noted that ServerExt has a chat filter, anyone manage to get this running? I enabled it but when it came to downloading ServerExtClientA to the client connecting it pops up a version mismatch error.

Is it possible to get this working? Could it be the servers lower case named serverextclienta.u that is the cause?

Would love to have this feature on our server since we generally like to keep things a bit clean in text chat, keeps the kiddies from bothering the old guys too much :)

I have been using this chat filter for a while now along with the player join log. Everything works great.

The problem I am having is setting up the filter itself. For example, on one line in my .ini I have the following.

BadWords=hate;love

So when some types "hate" they get the word "love". So that works fine. There are some people who just are obsessed with certain words so this is why I have to do this.....Im sure some of you have read about it in another thread.

Any how, all someone has to do is type " hate" and the filter is circumvented because they add a space before the word. So I add the line..

BadWords=*hate;Love

Now it works fine, but you see the problem? All someone has to do is add 2 spaces or a bunch of spaces and then the filter is circumvented.

Does anyone know any search strings I can use that will help me with this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I do run a server that specifically states that it is "M" for Mature and we do not have any issues with swearing etc. We try to admin it when there are people on because even though we allow swearing, I dont need anyone getting out of hand.

There are somethings that are just no acceptable, thats all.

I really dont have a problem with swearing, I have been using the serverExt mod for awhile but I never used it for anything else besides reserved slots. Im just trying to learn how to use the other features. Probably try out the RSS Feeds thing sometime.

Upvote 0
Hmm....I thought it was included in the zip with ServerAdsSe.

The ServerExt chat filter is running on our RO server. I'll check my files and see what I have.

**edit** No. My bad.
Here is the link: http://ut2004.elmuerte.com/ServerExt

As far as I know, no one ever got it to work with KF. I thought perhaps it was included in the reworked ServerAdsKF.zip(name?).

Only thing I could suggest you try as I don't know where you are getting the mismatch error (your server or your client) but as mentioned elsewhere, its not something that the client should have or download. If you have the .u file in the system folder on your computer, try removing it. And don't have the .u file in the redirect for your server either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0