• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hate finals.

Heh, I actually totally forgot one final one year. Woke up one day and said "Hmm, isn't there a final for my history elective sometime soon?". Looked in my calendar and "Crap, it was yesterday. Bummer."

Fortunately, the prof let me write another, no questions asked. In fact, it turned out to be easier than the one the rest of the class was given, something that pissed my buddy off to no end.

Upvote 0
Yeah the only one I am worried about is my Chemistry final this Friday....the way the course has been presented, it doesn't even seem like chemistry, more like nuclear physics.

I mean, who would have thought you would spend all your time in general chem calculating electron orbitals and states, and the polarity of molecular energy????? :confused:

Upvote 0
Well, I cant imagine really how college finals feel but let me tell you about Marine Corp finals. Monday, I had a PFT at 0500 in pt shorts and skivvy shirt. Lost my balls. Got a 286/300 PFT score. Then went and took a final exam on our two weapons systems, the 81mm and 60mm mortars. Tuesday, had live fire with the 60's mike mike mortar and those bitches are stressful because you have to do all your XP's just right or else you compromise safety and get pulled off the range. After the live fire we went back to the squadbay, grabbed our full packs and went to MOUT town for two sleepless days of room clearing, attacks and digging weapons positions and mortor pits. Finally after the BSRE where we put it all into action with the 11's calling in support and us fighting off attacks by 2nd platoon of 11's posing as hadjis we finally packed our gear, filled our holes and went home. Then came 7 hours of weapons cleaning and field day. Then I pulled firewatch. Today I graduated ITB and am going home after 5 months in Southern California spent in training. I worn out and looking forward to sleep and Christmas cheer.

Good luck with the finals you all, trust me...you can make it.

Love you all...

Des

Upvote 0
Lol yeah there is a difference between physical finals and mental finals.

Personally, I would rather have the physical tests than a mental one. I mean, with physical things, you can either do it, or you can't. With mental tests, you get tripped up on trick questions, false answers, unexpected things you didn't read up on...then you start double guessing yourself, getting worried you are screwing yourself, ect.

But heck, why not do both? :D That's what I am doing, getting my mental-college testing out of the way so I can get a degree, *then* go into the military as an officer.

BTW Hey Desatnik, I imagine you and your buddies will be getting a posting pretty soon eh? Now that right there, actually going to fight in a foreign country, is most definitely a world apart from having to study and do exams.

Upvote 0