• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bot farming really needs to end

Nikita

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2011
Honestly, WHY do bot kills and team points in bot-dominated servers count towards class progression, weapon unlocks, and honor level? Bots didn't count towards achievements in Ostfront--partly because they were dumb as rocks. Now, I hate to be harsh, but bots just aren't anywhere near smart enough to warrant counting towards unlocks and progression in RO2.

I should have thought that it would go without saying that only human players should count for stats progression. Allowing bots to count simply undermines all justification for the entire system to begin with.

I was initally surprised to see Heroes running around like headless chickens, committing basic errors, refusing to support their team, even teamkilling and griefing. Now I know why that's the case. :(

I hope action on this can be taken relatively soon--otherwise, so many players will be at an undeservedly high level that a stat reset will be required... and I'll lose my hard-earned PPSh drum magazine for the second time.

Its fine if you hate level grinding like i do.
I personally hate grinding for stuff which should either be given by commanders or issued as standard kit. I mean belts for the MG42.. come on.
fine its fine, unless you think time in game should give you a right to better equipment than newbs. Personally I am at a disadvantage as I do not have that kind of time on my hands.

Upvote 0
I agree and add that the stats system has no credibility and therefore no value because bots are counted.

If you reach hero status by killing human players, there is no way for you to prove it was not through shooting bucket loads of bots.

What could be done in the stats is to include a second kill list that totals how many bot kills a player makes compared to human kills. That way it easy to see players that don't bot farm, and therefore brings some value back to their achievements.

That seems like a fairly easy addition to the stats.

Upvote 0
In the ideal world everyone could choose between 10 full human servers. But in reality, it's sometimes even hard to find one server with a decent amount of human players. Don't be so quick to judge other people.

And who cares about other peoples stats anyways? You need a team with good, smart players, regardless what "rank" they have.

Upvote 0
Honestly, WHY do bot kills and team points in bot-dominated servers count towards class progression, weapon unlocks, and honor level? Bots didn't count towards achievements in Ostfront--partly because they were dumb as rocks. Now, I hate to be harsh, but bots just aren't anywhere near smart enough to warrant counting towards unlocks and progression in RO2.

I should have thought that it would go without saying that only human players should count for stats progression. Allowing bots to count simply undermines all justification for the entire system to begin with.

I was initally surprised to see Heroes running around like headless chickens, committing basic errors, refusing to support their team, even teamkilling and griefing. Now I know why that's the case. :(

I hope action on this can be taken relatively soon--otherwise, so many players will be at an undeservedly high level that a stat reset will be required... and I'll lose my hard-earned PPSh drum magazine for the second time.

Why care?

The level/unlock is just crap anyway, bots let each player get over with it already. No one deserve unlocks anyway, no one deserves better aim, no one deserves the mkb, everything should rely on skills and nothing else to it really doesn't matter.

Upvote 0
Unlocks for experience sux at the first place, so don't cry but go farm bots and make your unlocks like everyone else.

Edit.

Try to make marksman unlocks without bots!
You will need like 5 years or more.

:O I want to calulate that! Lets see, 4 sniper rifles need about 5000 kills for lvl 50 each, thats 20 000kills. Average "fair" match is about 40 min, normally get about 50 kills. So 20 000:50 = 400 400*2/3= 267.

More like 11 days without sleep bro :IS2:

Upvote 0
My biggest gripe about bots, is when im looking for a server to join with people. I see a server with like thirty or so "people", i go to join, only to find out that they are all bots and not people! BOTS DO NOT NEED TO SHOW UP AS A PLAYER COUNT WHEN IM SEARCHING FOR A SERVER TO PLAY ON! huge annoyance.:rolleyes:

This. Couldn't care less about botfarming. If that is what people choose to waste their time with fine, let them do it, it is after all a natural result of the stats system. But please let us see the actual human player numbers on the servers without the bots listed, that is how it was in RO1 and how it should have been here.

Upvote 0
:O I want to calulate that! Lets see, 4 sniper rifles need about 5000 kills for lvl 50 each, thats 20 000kills. Average "fair" match is about 40 min, normally get about 50 kills. So 20 000:50 = 400 400*2/3= 267.

More like 11 days without sleep bro :IS2:

So you can be a marksman every game?
Good for you, I have to be veeeeeeeeeeeeery lucky to play as marksman on server without bots.
I played this game for 500h and was a marksman just few times.
But I can show you my Mosin Nagant Scoped LV50, can you show me yours?

Can you add me to your steam friends? I want to see you as marksman when you get "about 50 kills each game" Show me your skills!

Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
So you can be a marksman every game?
Good for you, I have to be veeeeeeeeeeeeery lucky to play as marksman on server without bots.
I played this game for 500h and was a marksman just few times.
But I can show you my Mosin Nagant Scoped LV50, can you show me yours?

Can you add me to your steam friends? I want to see you as marksman when you get "about 50 kills each game" Show me your skills!

Well computer is fast enough to choose whatever class I want.... My skillz are zo amazin I will blow ya mind brah.

Upvote 0
Show me.
Send me Private Message with your steam accout name.

Lol

7592_02.jpg

Upvote 0