• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map release]TE-Butovo

You mean that the map will be added permanently to the game?
If answer is YES, this is what I was waiting for!
Thanks!

PS.

We will need more in the future! :eek:

I think it's more like an update to scipts or exe, wich make the redirection working for the specific custom files, and not an addition to the game files with the custom ones.

Upvote 0
Now that the redirect has been fixed, I am looking to test this map :)

Do we need to add anything like this to our rogame.ini and if so is this correct or can you provide the correct settings:

Code:
[TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest
FriendlyName=Butovo-B3
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Butovo>
Description=Butovo Map
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Butovo-B3_FixTest
MapTips=TEButovoTip1
MapTips=TEButovoTip2
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly

That was obviously hacked from my rogame.ini and tweaked, but I doubt it's correct. I think I read yesterday that you don't "need" that in your config but it is better to have it for some reason.

Upvote 0
Now that the redirect has been fixed, I am looking to test this map :)

Do we need to add anything like this to our rogame.ini and if so is this correct or can you provide the correct settings:

Code:
FriendlyName=Butovo-B3
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Butovo>
Description=Butovo Map
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Butovo-B3_FixTest
MapTips=TEButovoTip1
MapTips=TEButovoTip2

That was obviously hacked from my rogame.ini and tweaked, but I doubt it's correct. I think I read yesterday that you don't "need" that in your config but it is better to have it for some reason.

This works for me:

FriendlyName=Butovo
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=Butovo Map
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=

Upvote 0
M Day i also include this bit as well though i am not sure what it does nor if it is needed.

[Butovo-B3 ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
FriendlyName=TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostG ame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Butovo-B3>
Description=TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest

I just included it because it looked right based on how the other maps are set.

Any idea what it does ?

Upvote 0
This works for me:

FriendlyName=Butovo
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=Butovo Map
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=

Thanks very much :)

Upvote 0
It is the 85mb one that players have installed on the pcs. However you need to rename it from *.roe to *.upk for whatever reason.

Well that is my understanding but I should point out I am yet to get it working !

That's very odd as the redirect version is usually far smaller in size than the server version (at least that was the case for UT2003/3). I will give it a good, thanks Cat :)

Upvote 0
I am getting a problem that I think is more game/redirect related than anything to do with this map, but as I am attempting to redirect this map I might as well ask here.

When I connect to the server, the redirect kicks in and starts downloading at a reasonable speed, but at exactly 90 seconds, I get the following error:

Download package 'TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest' failed : Error opening file

If I connect manually to the redirect and download the file via my web browser, the whole file is downloaded without a problem, so I think it could be a setting on the server that is causing this.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I will post this in the Dedicated Server forum too as others might look for reported errors like this there.

EDIT: Have emailed the server admin email group - will post back any info.

EDIT 2: I get the same error at exactly 90 seconds from the 1st Airborn server too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just had a reply from John Gibson on this issue which reads:

"We are going to put out a hot fix this morning to address this issue. In all of our tests we could download in well under 90 seconds (when the download system times out). But a lot of people with different network speeds are taking longer than that. So we are going to significantly increase the timeout length to fix the problem."

Thank you TWI for the quick response :)

Upvote 0
I am getting a problem that I think is more game/redirect related than anything to do with this map, but as I am attempting to redirect this map I might as well ask here.

When I connect to the server, the redirect kicks in and starts downloading at a reasonable speed, but at exactly 90 seconds, I get the following error:

Download package 'TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest' failed : Error opening file

If I connect manually to the redirect and download the file via my web browser, the whole file is downloaded without a problem, so I think it could be a setting on the server that is causing this.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I will post this in the Dedicated Server forum too as others might look for reported errors like this there.

EDIT: Have emailed the server admin email group - will post back any info.

EDIT 2: I get the same error at exactly 90 seconds from the 1st Airborn server too.

Thanks for checking out that map on my server, i'm at work and haven't had the time to do it. But i downloaded Ogledow as a test last night and the full map downloaded in about 3 mins. without timing out, but i still got the error opening file message

Upvote 0