• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I think people forget very easily that it's THE SAME TEAM making Killing Floor and RO2, which makes it all the more unbelievable that we continue to see free updates this late before TWI's biggest new game releases for a game that's been out two years now! We really do appreciate all you do.

Regarding marketing, I and everyone else am aching for some shiny, polished, showy media that we can use to persuade all of our skeptical friends to buy RO2 and support TWI. I hope we get something soon.

Reactions: Norse Soldat
Upvote 0
I think people forget very easily that it's THE SAME TEAM making Killing Floor and RO2, which makes it all the more unbelievable that we continue to see free updates this late before TWI's biggest new game releases for a game that's been out two years now! We really do appreciate all you do.

Not only that, but i personally can't believe that after so many years of RO: ost being on the market, it can still hold its own and is even better than most/all of the AAA titles that come out.

It ages gracefully i guess.:D

Upvote 0
Not only that, but i personally can't believe that after so many years of RO: ost being on the market, it can still hold its own and is even better than most/all of the AAA titles that come out.

It ages gracefully i guess.:D

A graphical makeover would be the only thing it really needed.
And we get so much more:eek:

(Call of duty didn't even get the graphical makeover since cod4:D)

Upvote 0
Wait a minute ... isn't TWI completly independant? Then why did John Gibson put a morgage on his house to fund RO?
He didn't. I did. But I paid it off again. We borrowed a few other bits of money to get going - but paid them off too. So now we are completely independent :p

Upvote 0
He didn't. I did. But I paid it off again. We borrowed a few other bits of money to get going - but paid them off too. So now we are completely independent :p

jose_1147805a.jpg

You yet again confirmed why TWI is so awsome.

Upvote 0

now thats dedication
im glad to hear its been paid off again

as far as IW
they did some really neat things with COD1 and i think they was indy untill after cod1 release
but after what they did with MW2 i dont see how they can be looking at the PC crowd ever again

Upvote 0
[Totally separate topic for rant: the shiny new Respawn website describes the company as an "independent video game development studio". Um... "independent"? I was rather under the impression that they were completely funded by EA - rather like IW was completely funded by Activision (to the point where Acti owned a chunk of the company, with options on the rest, which they later exercised, making some people even richer). So how is that "independent"? Please correct me if I'm wrong of course!]

Iirc Respawn will have full control of their IP and development schedule. Obviosly it's not truly independant because EA can axe funding at any time but it's something compared to other 'AAA' studios.

It's a step forward but at the same time mostly an expensive PR stunt on EA's part.

Upvote 0
Heeeyyy there Tripwire, got Red Orchestra Ostfront in January from a friend, and KF this friday, from the same friend :)

I have been lurking these forums ever since i first tried Red Orchestra but I just registered 5 minutes ago to these forums.

So far you have proven to me that you are a developer who is definitely worth my time (and MONEY), Love killing Floor, Love Red Orchestra and I hope Heroes of Stalingrad will be just as great, and I fully expect it to be ;)

good luck with these difficult weeks that are to come now in the last two months.

GO TRIPWIRE WHOO!

Upvote 0