• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Is the LAW still a waste?

Kale

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
Just got done after playing 2 games with the exact same people on Normal. One game I was a level 6 medic with a crossbow(40shots) and I can take down scrakes and FP easily and get hit for fun. One the last round I was able to do a lot of damage with a few bolts to the head.

Second game I decided for fun to roll level 6 demo with a LAW for fun for the last 2 rounds. Takes about 2 shots usually to take down a FP/Scrake. I hit the Patty in the end with at LEAST 6-8 rockets and it didn't seem to do that much damage or even cause him to retreat.

With a higher price/less ammo/and even a level 6 perk bonus it dosen't seem to even compare to a crossbow. It has never been useful unless around 2-3 teammates were using it in conduction with myself.

Is it just me or is it still a ****ty weapon?

I find it more useful on large groups of anything excluding scrakes and fleshpounds. You can stand on a small hill and shoot into 20 zeds, wiping out sirens, bloats, gorefasts, and crawlers alike. The blast is absolutely HUGE but doesn't do a lot of pure damage.

(Theoretically you can kill around 60 medium-ish zeds with one rocket, but the only way I've managed to do this is with cheats - fly straight up, spawn 60 sirens below you, and fire into the very middle of the blob. V1015)

But meh. 1016 sounds like it'll change a lot, and right now it's a crowd control alternative to the M32 imo.

Upvote 0
Coincidentally was just playing laws on suicide last night.

5 Demos and one something else (can't remember..he was mostly bug duty).

We were in Suicidal Doomv2 at the end of the long hall in the brown room (near the far trader). All five of us were sporting 1-3 LAWs each. We would toss empties over near the trader door to recycle later.

It was a massacre. The zed time was kicking more than I've ever seen. At times you would see two, three rockets go by in slow-mo. The end of the hall was mostly just a constant cloud with bloody spit-n-*** flying out of it. I swear I saw a FP run for it's life in sheer terror. He's buddy I think took three shots in the chest at once. When patty came the guy he went after just peeled away from the rest of the group. Once far enough for the blasts to be safe patty just reeled, kneeled, and gibbed.

I just wish they would reduce weight on the thing. It's absolutely f'n retarded not to be able to carry *anything* else.

Upvote 0
Sure sure. I mean the 9mm is so badass I'm surprised they even bother to give us any other weapons. Since the LAW won't drop a scrake at least the 9mm will after 12341243782734 continuous headshots.
Someone can't take a joke.

Anyway, let me quote something from the Killing Floor Wiki.

I think you'll get what you're doing wrong.

Killing Floor Wiki said:
Explosives of any kind, in fact, are not recommended against the Scrake - he takes substantially less damage from them then any other specimen, on higher difficulties requiring more grenades and rockets then a Fleshpound.

Merry Christmas, son. You'll need it. ^^​

Upvote 0
Sure sure. I mean the 9mm is so badass I'm surprised they even bother to give us any other weapons. Since the LAW won't drop a scrake at least the 9mm will after 12341243782734 continuous headshots.

Yeeah.. If you want to kill the big zeds it would take forever with 9mm.
Yesterday I was bored and tried on the testmap to kill a scrake with 9mm as lvl 6 sharp on 6-man sui.. It needed 30 hs.. And the same with FP.. It ****ing needed 70!!
So.. 9mm, is only "badass" against smaller zeds as lvl 6 sharpie.

Upvote 0
Someone can't take a joke.

Anyway, let me quote something from the Killing Floor Wiki.

I think you'll get what you're doing wrong.

Merry Christmas, son. You'll need it. ^^​

You do realize that Scrakes having explosive resistance is a myth that has been debunked. People really stop taking KF Wiki as some kind of infallible source of KF information.

Upvote 0
You do realize that Scrakes having explosive resistance is a myth that has been debunked. People really stop taking KF Wiki as some kind of infallible source of KF information.

Isn't it what it SHOULD be, though? It's better then asking the Devs for constant confirmation. Right? I mean, have you asked the Devs yourself if this is actually correct? Does the Scrake really not have any explosive resistance?

Ghost, I hate to ask you this, but perhaps you could help those folks over there out, the KF Wiki, if they're really that wrong. :)

Hm.

Generally I've always thought that Scrakes had explosive resistance. It's hard to just...let it go now. :(

I always discourage people to fire explosions at Scrakes, anyway. Just makes them harder to see.

Going back to the 9MM thing and such, it's still a very useful weapon. Just because it can't kill the big ones doesn't make it useless.

You don't even need level 6 SS for it, either. It can still be useful without the damage buff plus other things.

Also, it has a flashlight.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
LOL. Don't get crow feathers stuck in your teeth.

You were mocking the 9MM, son.

You do not mock the 9MM.

Also, I was also implying that: You don't try to kill a Scrake on your own with the L.A.W.

And, explosive damage reduction could/should make Scrake's an explosive's counter.

L2P Response? Don't know if I sounded unfriendly, son, I probably did, but if you're from, say, the SPUF forums, people are a lot nicer here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Isn't it what it SHOULD be, though? It's better then asking the Devs for constant confirmation. Right? I mean, have you asked the Devs yourself if this is actually correct? Does the Scrake really not have any explosive resistance?

No the Scrake does not. What he does have is a huge amount of health, more than the Fleshpound just without the damage resistance. As such explosives are a waste on the Scrake because you just don't do enough damage.

Upvote 0