• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killed Notification issue

|ChaoS|

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
Have you guys noticed 3-5 second delay between the time you kill someone and when it displays on the screen?

Why is that?

And I'm not talking about instances where people are diaing/hurting.

# of times I killed someone right in front of me and it doesn't come up for 3-5 seconds.

Just tell me if I killed someone or not.

It does. The delay is to simulate the uncertainty of whether or not your target was actually killed. Granted, at point blank range it could be seen as kinda silly, but firing at a target 200 meters away, did you get him or did he just duck behind cover? That's why the delay is there, to make you ask that question.

Upvote 0
Sorry but that would be totally horrible.

Its a game, not reality. If you want real you might as well include bathroom breaks, food and sleep time between battles....

It's not that bad. Just trying to keep people from being too obsessed with their kills and actually focus on the objective at hand, though right now many don't seem to try.

Upvote 0

Its a game, not reality. If you want real you might as well include bathroom breaks, food and sleep time between battles....

I want it as a client side option to be able to disable it no matter what server type your in, in fact i want to be able to disable every single hud item (maybe apart from team/squad chat).

I want me some hardcore realism :D.

Upvote 0
Have you guys noticed 3-5 second delay between the time you kill someone and when it displays on the screen?

Why is that?

And I'm not talking about instances where people are diaing/hurting.

# of times I killed someone right in front of me and it doesn't come up for 3-5 seconds.
It's a realism type thing. Obviously you can tell if you kill someone point-blank range but say someone behind cover 100meters or 200meters it makes you wonder, I think I got him but... did I really? In other words it creates suspense and I like it.

Upvote 0

I just saw you in the server and they did have delayed kill messages. But I do agree, it can be retarded in pubs. Realism matches it makes sense and should be set to none at all.

But thats this community afterall, they want to pretend to be in a war instead of actually joining one.

Upvote 0
I just saw you in the server and they did have delayed kill messages. But I do agree, it can be retarded in pubs. Realism matches it makes sense and should be set to none at all.

Some say it's "realism" thing

I have a feeling it's just another bug...

I blew up 2 people with a nade, seen the pieces of their body fly/dead on the floor.

It took like 10 seconds for 2 killed to appear.

Reactions: Leweegibo
Upvote 0
It's not a bug. Delayed kill messages are a deliberate feature. The reason some kills that you see with your own eyes are still delayed is because the game doesn't see with your eyes. It has to do other checks to determine if you "saw" it or not and sometimes it's not certain, so you get a delayed message.

The whole point is to make you uncertain as to whether you killed someone. You can assume you got them and turn away only for them to pop back up and shoot you. It's a risk you take.

Upvote 0
Furthermore it does instantly display the obituary if you actually see them die, regardless of range.

This.

Pay attention, if you kill someone at point blank range the notification will be instant. The same if their body falls in plain sight. If you shoot them and their body drops behind a wall you won't get an instant confirm because you don't know if they are dead for sure or not.

Upvote 0
It's a realism type thing. Obviously you can tell if you kill someone point-blank range but say someone behind cover 100meters or 200meters it makes you wonder, I think I got him but... did I really? In other words it creates suspense and I like it.

I'd like to see kill confirmations only at the same distance you see a players name appear. Both representing you are close enough to actually tell who the player is , and or was killed.

Upvote 0
Spot the cod player

Not really..........

I play relaxed because I enjoy the Mini-map and pistol and kill feed, it provides a faster pace of feel I seem, and more caps and less camping...

Way to call someone out there buddy.

Plus relaxed usually means less TK even with FF on, as you have a mini map and names appear. So its more of a PLUS right now, till the n00bs wear off

Upvote 0