• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

PC Zone's reviews have become a cluster**** these past few years. Multi-platform titles AKA Xbox 360 games are to blame for it. Microsoft makes it worse by giving developers premiums to make the games exclusive to its platform.

I wish PC Zone would focus on the underground a little more. PC Gaming is not dead, maybe in the mainstream but there is still a lot going on in other places.

As for this guys review, yeah he does seem to want to like it a little too much. It might be a good game in its own right, but its not worthy of its title. I have not played it but from the details, if anything it is a step backwards from the original 2001 game.

Upvote 0
As for this guys review, yeah he does seem to want to like it a little too much. It might be a good game in its own right, but its not worthy of its title. I have not played it but from the details, if anything it is a step backwards from the original 2001 game.

well i can actually understand that
as for the most mainstream gamers who didnt like the original OFP it will be a huge step foward, with all its scripted events, savepoints where your compannions magically get ressurrected ect

it may be a step backwards for realism gamers or ppl who liked the first OFP, but dragon rising certainly is not a steck backwards for the mainstreamers

Upvote 0
as for the most mainstream gamers who didnt like the original OFP it will be a huge step foward, with all its scripted events, savepoints where your compannions magically get ressurrected ect

it may be a step backwards for realism gamers or ppl who liked the first OFP, but dragon rising certainly is not a steck backwards for the mainstreamers

You are probably right.
It may even be a good game, for all I know.

My first impression when I watched the streaming was that the player was wearing high heels.
Reminded me of a South London bird running to catch the last night bus home to Clapham Common.

But thats just my "umble opinion"...:D

Upvote 0

I'm not really buying it, because what exactly is OFP2's market? OFP had a clear market in mind, the realism crowd, and they made a game their market wanted.

OFP2 on the other hand.. well it's going to dissapoint it's origional market, there's no two ways about that, many of us are just not going to buy it, but it's certainly not going to make it big with the mainstream crowd either, they want something more like CoD4, R6-Vegas, or like Battlefield, even the GRAW series will be more appealing to them, OFP2 is probably not going to be more than a curiosity to them, that some may have a short fling with untill the next CoD comes out.

As far as i can tell, this game is going to fall through the cracks, it's not quite a duck and it's not quite a goose, and ultimately it's probably not going to really satiesfy any sizable audience.

And with thease prices, i'll bet you it's going to sell really poorly in Europe to boot, 50

Upvote 0
I'm not really buying it, because what exactly is OFP2's market? OFP had a clear market in mind, the realism crowd, and they made a game their market wanted.

OFP2 on the other hand.. well it's going to dissapoint it's origional market, there's no two ways about that, many of us are just not going to buy it, but it's certainly not going to make it big with the mainstream crowd either, they want something more like CoD4, R6-Vegas, or like Battlefield, even the GRAW series will be more appealing to them, OFP2 is probably not going to be more than a curiosity to them, that some may have a short fling with untill the next CoD comes out.

As far as i can tell, this game is going to fall through the cracks, it's not quite a duck and it's not quite a goose, and ultimately it's probably not going to really satiesfy any sizable audience.

And with thease prices, i'll bet you it's going to sell really poorly in Europe to boot, 50€? that's outrageous! and it is going to cost them sales.

im not saying i like OFP2 either ^^

btw what you just wrote are exactly my fears for HoS
as this is what CM (and TWI) is obviously trying, to feed both its current playerbase (of wich most are realism monkeys ^^) and get a foothold in the Mainstream market

it may work, i hope it does, but either way there will be a whole bunch of ppl disappointed
be it the mainstreamer who expects something ala CoD4, or be it the Realism monkey that expects something ala OFP1 or RO:Ost
this allways is the danger of games trying to do the trick of feeding both markets, all of them up to date horribly failed imo

so i really hope HoS will be the first one to succeed :)

Upvote 0
just hurry up and release HOS first Lemon:D

huh?
i dont get it ^^

my post was regarding Dragon Risings obvious fail to deliver what both markets want
and that i hope that HoS will be the first game to actually manage to extend its market without spoiling both its old (realism) playerbase and its possible more mainstream playerbase

Last edited:
Upvote 0
huh?
i dont get it ^^

my post was regarding Dragon Risings obvious fail to deliver what both markets want
and that i hope that HoS will be the first game to actually manage to extend its market without spoiling both its old (realism) playerbase and its possible more mainstream playerbase

CM are not the same team that built OFP, so very few were expecting a follow up.
For myself I am a fan of a development team in the same sense as I would be a fan of a talented musician.
Been a fan of David Bowie for years, even when he changes style, whether I like it or not, the music is is always good.

ArmA, whether we like it or not, is a good game.
HoS, I am sure will be a good game.
So on and so forth it follows...

Don't worry to much about the quality of a TWI made game m8.

Upvote 0
CM are not the same team that built OFP, so very few were expecting a follow up.
For myself I am a fan of a development team in the same sense as I would be a fan of a talented musician.
Been a fan of David Bowie for years, even when he changes style, whether I like it or not, the music is is always good.

ArmA, whether we like it or not, is a good game.
HoS, I am sure will be a good game.
So on and so forth it follows...

Don't worry to much about the quality of a TWI made game m8.

i dont doubt that HoS will be good
i just yet have to see a game that actually manages what TWI tries to achieve with HoS

and i really hope (and believe) that HoS will be that game

Upvote 0
Arma 2 is a resource hog because it does more than any other game out there,

and still it runs better than stuff like gta4 which was a horrid port performance wise and still does much less than arma 2 does.

I think people need to stop complaining about arma 2 performance and realise it is the first game that is pushing your computer in a long time.

I can remember times when the average new game had 40 fps max. These days everyone expects 60 fps on top end hardware it seems.

Upvote 0
Games are so overpriced, especcially in Europe. There's no way in hell I'm ever going to pay 50€ for a game, especcially not for a game like OFP with no real long-time value. Probably the only game I'll buy this year will be MW2 imported from UK.

Yeah, the UK is very good for the pc game consumer - they are often reduced on release - and certainly after a couple of months.

It's even better if you can wait a year or so like I do ( easy cos i have a massive backlog of games anyway..) you can pick stuff up dirt cheap in 2nd hand shops - in fact just today i bought
COD4

Upvote 0
I can't really speak for ARMA 2 but I played Arma 1 and 2 looks almost exactly the same as 1. I really tried to like ARMA but here were alot deeper problems then just performance like poor movement,poor controls,poor singleplayer,poor AI,poor animationns,poor voices, and misc bugs and that Bohemia is a small company is not a valid excuse for these problems. ARMA has an amazing concept but it was sloppily excecuted and ARMA 2 it looks to be the same case. Operation Flashpoint 2 dosen't look like it will be as realistic but it's much more refined then ARMA could ever be I believe.

Upvote 0