• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Den Pobedy on 7GA server!

Oleg

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
INVITATION TO MAY 9th PARTY ON *7GA* GAMESERVER & SCREENIE COMPO

Celebrating the Den Pobedy, or the International Day of Victory over fascism, 7th Guards Army (*7GA*), premier European based RO Soviet realism clan, invites everyone to participate in special event.

The celebration begins 9th May, at 8pm UK, 9pm European, 3 pm EST and will last for 3 hours.

We will be playing the following maps in rotation: Basovka - Bondarevo - Kaukasus - Stalingrad_Kessel - Arad - Koenigsplatz (2 wins out of three)

It will be on *7GA* server 213.19.130.109:7757 (28 slots) which has been getting remarkably good ping even on full-server tank battles with US players involved.

The members of *7GA* will be given priority on Russian slots, followed by members of other clans/units that post on *7GA* forum - other than that, it's first come first served. German realism units are very welcome to Den Pobedy celebration on *7GA* servers, to experience what their historic counterparts experienced 60-some years ago ;)

We will be dishing out some rather sexy sigs to players who get good kill-runs, cap lots of objectives and generally show good attitude.

There will also be a screenshot competition with a 1st prize of $20/20Euros credit to the winning entrant's gameserver account and two runner-up prizes of $10/10Euros each.

For more info visit *7GA* forum:
http://www.7thguards.com/Bulletin/index.php?topic=224.0

Za Rodinu, Smert fashistam!

rus.gif

(I decided to post this on General Discussion board, not Clan/Squad discussion, as Clan/Squad subboard is used to recruit new memebers etc. while this post is general invitation to have fun, for clan members and non-members alike.)

Oleg (*7GA* Samsonov)

[RO]Wilsonam said:
May 9th is the day the ex-Soviet mob celebrate as "International Day of Victory" - equivalent to our VE Day. But they make a BIG party of it. Big. Very big :)

"Soviet mob"? Mate, you'll have to come to 7GA server on May the 9th to wash out the bad taste of this insult :cool:

We'll let you play as honorary member of 7GA that evening ;) I am sure many German fanboys will enjoy teling you face to face what they think of your modelling of Tiger :eek: :p LOL

Oleg (7GA Samsonov)

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
INVITATION TO MAY 9th PARTY ON *7GA* GAMESERVER & SCREENIE COMPO

Celebrating the Den Pobedy, or the International Day of Victory over fascism, 7th Guards Army (*7GA*), premier European based RO Soviet realism clan, invites everyone to participate in special event.

The celebration begins 9th May, at 8pm UK, 9pm European, 3 pm EST and will last for 3 hours.

We will be playing the following maps in rotation: Basovka - Bondarevo - Kaukasus - Stalingrad_Kessel - Arad - Koenigsplatz (2 wins out of three)

It will be on *7GA* server 213.19.130.109:7757 (28 slots) which has been getting remarkably good ping even on full-server tank battles with US players involved.

The members of *7GA* will be given priority on Russian slots, followed by members of other clans/units that post on *7GA* forum - other than that, it's first come first served. German realism units are very welcome to Den Pobedy celebration on *7GA* servers, to experience what their historic counterparts experienced 60-some years ago ;)

sounds interesting

it

Upvote 0
I believe the reason Soviets celebrate Victory Day on 9th is a technicality. Final surrender document was signed on 23:30 hours on 8th, local time, or *something* like that, and it was already 9th in Moscow.

Now I'd have to check my books or online sources to be 100% sure but I believe that's the main reason.

Oleg (*7GA* Samsonov)

Upvote 0