• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Game is not launching.

MeFirst

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2006
Germany
This problem doesnt seem to be fixed at all for me.

When I usually try to start the game I get this far:

image.php

The problem is that nothing else will happen until I decide to manually shut down the game. I also tried the two suggestions from the forum which are:

1. Running the Redistributable File in the windows folder.

2. Deleting the old config files.

Btw when I try to start the ROGame in the win32 folder all I get is a message that says: Steam is required to play the game. Steam is in fact running and fully working. As I already said sometimes the game will launch but most of the times it wont.

same KERNELBASE.dll error at launch as yesterday

Address = 0x753eb9bc (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x480f21 (filename not found) [in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4b0b23 (filename not found) [in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually had the same problem couple of times right after the release. I thought I managed to iron that out with defragmenting and verifying the steam files (from Steam's game properties.) However for no apparent reason last evening it started happening again and the old tricks didn't help. Weirdly enough while trying to get the game running I kept on trying to launch it and once it did start, just like that. Now it doesn't though. I'll attach what I think are the logs from those bad starts and hope someone can say what's causing the errors in them.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Not ever, since I ever been using Steam, and since I've been playing online games (which is practically from the start) has a game literally got me so ****ing mad as this game. I have the exact same problem and I've tried all the possible solutions found on the internet on the various forums. Not one worked.

Not even the ****ing reality that Tripwire can release a broken game like this is putting me off, but the ****ing silence that surrounds this bollocking aswell. I'm a fan of RO and played all the previous versions but a couple of minutes ago I uninstalled the game and will not reinstall it - period.

It was a 30 euros well ****ing spent. I wish Tripwire all the ****ing best in the future. Whatever that will be, because delivering decent games certainly ain't ****ing one of 'm.

Upvote 0
Not ever, since I ever been using Steam, and since I've been playing online games (which is practically from the start) has a game literally got me so ****ing mad as this game. I have the exact same problem and I've tried all the possible solutions found on the internet on the various forums. Not one worked.

Not even the ****ing reality that Tripwire can release a broken game like this is putting me off, but the ****ing silence that surrounds this bollocking aswell. I'm a fan of RO and played all the previous versions but a couple of minutes ago I uninstalled the game and will not reinstall it - period.

It was a 30 euros well ****ing spent. I wish Tripwire all the ****ing best in the future. Whatever that will be, because delivering decent games certainly ain't ****ing one of 'm.

i understand the anger you have for it not working.
i watched beta gameplay all day the day i bought the game and to see it not launch disappointed me greatly.
but just give it time. lots of people are having the same problem. LOTS. theres no way tripwire can ignore this problem.
it should be fixed within then next few weeks.

Upvote 0
We don't "ignore" any issue. The trouble is trying to find the root causes of them. All we ask for is patience and assistance in trying to resolve the issue.

@MrFirst : the game will never launch from the exe, it must always be launched from within steam itself.

@ EVERYONE

Please post your crashdumps (.dmp) in either of the stickied threads at the top of the bug and support forums.

The can be found in documents\mygames\redorchestra2\rogame\logs

(if you see a kernelbase.dll error, for instance, you might have a crashdump that could tell us the root of the issue)

Last edited:
Upvote 0