• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta for Non-deluxe?

I was just wondering,will there be a source who will give keys for the beta?

I have a pre-order of RO2(not deluxe,not enough money),and sadly i want the beta,but couldn't afford deluxe.

Will there be a way obtaining the beta?

Also,the people who are ALREADY in the clan beta,can they give they're beta invites (if they have the deluxe edition) to other people?

Enter this contest:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=56529

Upvote 0
It's not that common for a game to get delayed after it's been put on steam and other places for pre-order. Sure, games get delayed all the time, but that's usually from an estimated release date like Fall 2011 to Q1 2012. It would be nice if they gave out the beta for the people who pre-ordered before the pushed back the release date.

Upvote 0
I was just wondering,will there be a source who will give keys for the beta?

I have a pre-order of RO2(not deluxe,not enough money),and sadly i want the beta,but couldn't afford deluxe.

Will there be a way obtaining the beta?

Also,the people who are ALREADY in the clan beta,can they give they're beta invites (if they have the deluxe edition) to other people?

If there was another way of obtaining the beta, other than purchasing the DDE, than what was the point of all of us paying extra for the DDE for beta access when a bunch of people suddenly get free access simply because they couldn't shell out an extra 7-10 bucks?

If that happened, I'd see it as a little unfair and feel a little ripped off.

Still not much of a big deal and I'd certainly get over it, since I got other things with the DE besides just the beta, but if you didn't purchase the DE, than you're out of luck imo.

I could understand Trip giving a small handfull of people Beta access from some competition or if it was some dying child from the Make a Wish Foundation, but anything else, and you'd have all those who are screaming bloody murder wanting the beta released two weeks ago, suddenly grabbing their torches and pitchforks and bombarding the forums with threads of rage.

Games get delayed all the time the game doesn't cost much I payed 35$ from GMG for the DDE it's not much for a good game when popular game like CoD are pushing 60$ games to the pc gamers.

Yeah it was around $35 for me due to having RO1 already, but here in Australia, Steam gave me a pop up for CoD a few days ago showing the price as $99.99..... nothing else included, a hundred bucks just for the game.

Screw that.

Source:
PriceShot2.jpg

Not sure why there is overlapping text on the store page though :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
If there was another way of obtaining the beta, other than purchasing the DDE, than what was the point of all of us paying extra for the DDE for beta access when a bunch of people suddenly get free access simply because they couldn't shell out an extra 7-10 bucks?

That happens all the time. Usually the pre-order bonus is for people who want to play a couple of days earlier than other people or won't have the time to get a key in time.

Upvote 0

Still not much of a big deal and I'd certainly get over it, since I got other things with the DE besides just the beta, but if you didn't purchase the DE, than you're out of luck imo.

I could understand Trip giving a small handfull of people Beta access from some competition or if it was some dying child from the Make a Wish Foundation, but anything else, and you'd have all those who are screaming bloody murder wanting the beta released two weeks ago, suddenly grabbing their torches and pitchforks and bombarding the forums with threads of rage.

Yeah it was around $35 for me due to having RO1 already, but here in Australia, Steam gave me a pop up for CoD a few days ago showing the price as $99.99..... nothing else included, a hundred bucks just for the game.

Screw that.

Source:

Not sure why there is overlapping text on the store page though :confused:
100$ for that freaking game? Haha good luck ever getting my money again Infinity Ward. That is some serious over-pricing there man. That's like...half a new Xbox right there! I mean...holy freaking cow! I can't even think of a word to describe how greed-....ohhh ok found the word. Greedy, IW went full on greedy with their games. Glad TWI has stuck by making reasonable prices for good games instead of overpricing the same re-used re-hashed bullcrap year after year :cool: thank goodness I'll wait to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Expansion Pack 2 until it's actually cheap. In the meantime, I'll be playing Red Orchestra 2, a reasonably priced game with amazing graphics and even better gameplay[/asskissing] ;)

Upvote 0
100$ for that freaking game? Haha good luck ever getting my money again Infinity Ward. That is some serious over-pricing there man.......

My thoughts exactly.... $100 for something that's 1/3 scripted, 1/3 cutscene & movie and 1/3 gameplay which is just run & gun.

If I was a parent and my kid asked me to dish out $100 for this game..... man, look out.

Upvote 0
If there was another way of obtaining the beta, other than purchasing the DDE, than what was the point of all of us paying extra for the DDE for beta access ...
Becuase they have sort of always said that you will be able to get your hands on the beta for free? I paid extra for the DDE, even though I am already in the beta ^^. So it IS possible to buy the DDE to support TWI. One reason to pay for the beta is to BE SURE you get into the beta. If PC GAMERS get's 500 keys to hand out, I would not be so sure that I would get one of those.

Upvote 0
Keep using that as your excuse. There is work out there if you look hard enough.

I agreed with you on your first post and I agree with this too...

As long as he would be from Canada !

Me, just like yourself probably have no idea about the economic situation of the rest of the world or even outside our little bubble; So you should realize that it's unfair to judge without knowing the full situation.

<Total offtopic rant> And for some I have to point out that our streets aren't painted with Gold... in fact in Quebec they are the worst of North America and the Montreal / South shore bridges are falling down... And we pay about 30 to 60% salary tax + 15% provential / Federal tax on purchases... </Total offtopic rant>

Last edited:
Reactions: Rumo
Upvote 0
It would still be overpriced if it was Free2Play. I mean it still eats up Hard Drive space.

+1. Look a Black Ops. Even their fans complain about the broken, non-systematic spawn "system." They never bothered to even adjust it with a patch, let alone fix it. It's not very fun spawning on the other side of the map from the rest of your team, with an enemy 3 feet behind you, pointing a gun at the back of your head. The game also has certain spots in maps which are high probability spawn sites that opponents simply position themselves back from, under cover, aimed down sights, waiting for their helpless victims to appear in their sights for an instant, cheap kill. IW also refused to fix that. This is IW's track record, and it is not one which, IMHO, inspires confidence that their next game in the series will be any better.

Personally, I am impatient for the release of RO2 because I just cannot stand playing Blops as an alternative.

Upvote 0
IW hooked me in with CoD2 (one of the best FPS's ever, IMO) I enjoyed CoD3, despite it being quite flawed and unpolished, CoD:MW revolutionised the game again in a CoD2-esque manner, then CoD:WaW was just a re-skinned MW, MW2 brought little innovation to the game, and had many, many exploits and flaws that went unresolved for ages.

Black Ops was a disgrace, and from now on I will not buy any product from IW or Activision.

RO trumps any game from the CoD series, as will HOS.

Upvote 0
In Germany will be (I am sure) like in MW2 and BO a region lock, so you can just play the germen censored version! In short, Like with MW2 and BO, I will legaly pirate the game! :D

Forgot to say, that my Money is region locked too! So, I cant pay for english version! I am sorry Activision, so I take it for paying nothing, HAHAHAHAHA, some of *****es! They believe, they can do with us what they want? Kiss my *** Activision!

Last edited:
Upvote 0