• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Patch Expectations

The Commando is being freed from the 'One weapon' curse...why not us Firebugs?

It may be because Commandos are a noticably the hardest perk to level due to the stalker req (even toned down), and because the Bullpup is somewhat less useful during later waves.

It probably has to do more with how incredibly limiting a perk like "firebug" is when deciding on weaponry. A "Commando" you can give any old assault rifle (or even SMGs). But a firebug? Um, how many fire based weapons beyond a flamethrower can you think of?

They'll have to do some real thinkin' to help Firebugs out, since the FB's role itself is so limited that the flamethrower being it's only weapon is a logical outcome.

I don't think they need anything new. Just fixing the medigun would even Medic considerably. It should be more forgiving when trying to heal a moving player (it's nearly impossible) and it shouldn't go into a reload sequence even when you miss.

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

It's so frustrating that when I miss I have to watch the animation (which for the longest time fooled me into thinking I had hit them) and hope I can get them next time. Despite my character yelling for them to stay still even players entirely out of danger have an incredibly frustrating habit of dancing away from my syringe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not setting myself up to be disappointed with the update & i am only expecting to see the new map & both new weapons as Tripwire stated.

The waiting is probably due to some technical buggy issue thingies which are taking time to fix rather than a sneaky suprise package of pure update joy.

If there is more in this patch than advertised then lovely jubbly but do not be disappointed if there is'nt.

Whitelist would be lovely though;)

Upvote 0
played hard yet?

Yup. On Hard, even with a Level 4 or 5 perk, there is no way you'll take down anything from Gorefasts up with the Flamethrower before they can close with you and hurt you. And to take them down in any reasonable amount of time (Under 15 seconds!), you need to constantly spray the flame into them. Which is made frustrating by the obscene recoil and the fact that doing so will burn through your tiny ammo supply faster than you can blink.

Firebug is, with the exception of the medic for obvious reasons, the weakest offensive perk on Hard, to the point where it's near-unplayable in the later waves, where a single Skrake will leave you helpless without relying on teammates. Yeah, it encourages tactics, but it's terrible for balancing. No perk should be completely helpless against any particular enemy, save for the Fleshpound, IMO...

Upvote 0
Yup. On Hard, even with a Level 4 or 5 perk, there is no way you'll take down anything from Gorefasts up with the Flamethrower before they can close with you and hurt you. And to take them down in any reasonable amount of time (Under 15 seconds!), you need to constantly spray the flame into them. Which is made frustrating by the obscene recoil and the fact that doing so will burn through your tiny ammo supply faster than you can blink.

Firebug is, with the exception of the medic for obvious reasons, the weakest offensive perk on Hard, to the point where it's near-unplayable in the later waves, where a single Skrake will leave you helpless without relying on teammates. Yeah, it encourages tactics, but it's terrible for balancing. No perk should be completely helpless against any particular enemy, save for the Fleshpound, IMO...

exactly

at lv3 firebug or below it sux even on 1st waves of normal, though at lv4 firebug might be decent it lacks knockdown power for hard, while it might be decent on normal though, but even there scrakes or FPs are death if you dont have handcannons or teammates at hand :p

Upvote 0
Erm yes they should. There is no logical reason why the Berserker for example, should be able to take down everything. With the current glitch *any* perk can take the fleshpound down without been scratched. Its pretty bleeding obvious that an enemy that crawls around at ankle level, an enemy that screams from range and 1 with tons of hp and a corrosive vomit are going to be resistant to a Berserker. And frankly 2 of those aren't even a weakness. Bloat gets decapped in a few pistol bullets and the Siren can be rushed and killed if you get the chance. Your team is suppose to be there to back you up, not to clean up what you can't kill fast enough.

As for Firebug, its burning damage is pathetic. I use to think it was a counter to the Fleshpound 'DPS raging' because it wouldn't trigger it, but now FPs rage because they feel like it its fairly moot. Its damage when you continuously spray is pitiful too when you compare it to the likes of the Shotguns. At level 5 on Normal 6man it takes at least half a clip to finish a Scrake off. Whereas the Shotgun it takes maybe 4 normal shots to rage it then a double barrelled Hunting Shotgun to blow it away. The fractions of ammo used to kill things in general are completely off. Its great at killing Crawlers and Clots, but wtf isn't.

Oh and as for Commandos. If you're using a 2ndary weapon like a Chainsaw, you can kill absolutely anything. Semi-Automatic Fire lets you pop heads off the weaker foes from mid-long range. Sirens can be carefully killed or full auto if they're close. Fleshpounds are gonna be a joke so long as they can be 1 shot killed. Scrakes are the only weakness, and if you have the time and a Chainsaw you can kill them by stunning them.

Upvote 0
Erm yes they should. There is no logical reason why the Berserker for example, should be able to take down everything. With the current glitch *any* perk can take the fleshpound down without been scratched. Its pretty bleeding obvious that an enemy that crawls around at ankle level, an enemy that screams from range and 1 with tons of hp and a corrosive vomit are going to be resistant to a Berserker. And frankly 2 of those aren't even a weakness. Bloat gets decapped in a few pistol bullets and the Siren can be rushed and killed if you get the chance. Your team is suppose to be there to back you up, not to clean up what you can't kill fast enough.

As for Firebug, its burning damage is pathetic. I use to think it was a counter to the Fleshpound 'DPS raging' because it wouldn't trigger it, but now FPs rage because they feel like it its fairly moot. Its damage when you continuously spray is pitiful too when you compare it to the likes of the Shotguns. At level 5 on Normal 6man it takes at least half a clip to finish a Scrake off. Whereas the Shotgun it takes maybe 4 normal shots to rage it then a double barrelled Hunting Shotgun to blow it away. The fractions of ammo used to kill things in general are completely off. Its great at killing Crawlers and Clots, but wtf isn't.

Oh and as for Commandos. If you're using a 2ndary weapon like a Chainsaw, you can kill absolutely anything. Semi-Automatic Fire lets you pop heads off the weaker foes from mid-long range. Sirens can be carefully killed or full auto if they're close. Fleshpounds are gonna be a joke so long as they can be 1 shot killed. Scrakes are the only weakness, and if you have the time and a Chainsaw you can kill them by stunning them.

what makes you so sure 1-hit decap is a bug? you seem to have said that in last 2 posts when its really irrelevant and you should do some research before always saying something is a bug (unless you are trolling)

and semi-auto isnt the only thing that lets you pop heads at range, even at full auto I can decap a cloth through whole westlondon, because AFAIK, no matter which firemode you use, the first bullet will always be dead-on target (as long as you are using sights)

Upvote 0
Yeah, for sure, the berserker can take down everything(managed to do a long farm game on hard on my own.). But if you do some mistakes, youre finished! Crawlers for example are very annoying to kill.(Ok, they are, except for Patriarch, the only annoying ones) And if you get mobbed and two or more sirens are next to you, you probably get killed oO

But dont forget the Sharpshooter! Thats the true patriarch killer. Jus two shots at him on hard and he fell to the ground like a rock.

And even if thoese Fleshpounds can be easily decapitated, they are still a great thread, just imagine. He needs to "bow" for it to work. If hes yellow, he doesnt do it allways. So you could enrage him and do it, but then you

Upvote 0
Firebug isn't that bad in some situations. Any time your team is holding a narrow area that zombies pour thickly through, a firebug is indispensible. For example the cave or the long staircase on kf-manor, or the blue room on kf-doom2-final. The strength of the flamethrower is its ability to bake a huge mob of zeds in a single clip, something no other weapon can do. If a scrake or fp breaks through, then you've got 5 teammates blasting with shotguns. It's a team game.

I love turning a hallway of zeds into a roaring inferno that annihilates anything inside :)

I actually met some players yesterday who thought the flamethrower was overpowered! They cooperatively welded me out to keep me from killing everything and "ruining their fun." :? Don't worry, they were terrible players and wiped even before me :p I finished the wave to 1 zed remaining and backpedaled around the map for 10 minutes to teach them a lesson :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Missed the point? :rolleyes:

bunny-pancake.gif

You posted an irrelevant reply so he posted another one.
You must be new to the internet :D

Upvote 0