• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Discussion]How will the SS be in the future?There are too many guns for SS now.

Please explain 'Broken'? The hunting rifle is nigh on complete and I have tried my best to keep it as underpowered as possible for a decent balance.

Yeah it seems that he's a bit weird.... There is no way the M99 is overpowerd! Still some people say it is. Now it tell you why it can't be overpowerd: We gave it the same damage as the Crossbow (no intention) :D
I really don't know what your problem is Nanostryke.... If you don't like sniperrifles then just don't use them.... Will ya? :)
There's nothing broken in our mods and if there is something it will get fixed. That's what a beta is for.
Oh and there's nothing over the top. You're better off with the Crossbow if you want to go Rambo. The M99 will certainly get you killed! It seems to me that you probably never tried our mods but have a certain hate for them (I really don't care).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's exactly it. And since the only actual RIFLE in the game besides the Lever Action (The LOLM-14) sucks total buttcrack, people keep modding in over-the-top, broken sniper rifles that will never see the light of day outside of mods.

Would you feel better if we put a scope on the m14 so it didn't suck so much butt crack? How about it Jack/Ivan? :rolleyes: In fact , lets put ****ing scopes on everything! They have real scopes for pistols, we can add scopes to rifles and nade launchers, **** lets add a scope to the katana too because scopes simply make everything just that much more awesome.

For us actually being productive and not suggesting/making more generic modern warfare 2 weapons, why do we recieve so much flak for bringing more stuff to the community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Browning+Model+81,+Lever+Action+223+Caliber+Rifle+with+3-9+Power+Scope.jpg

Scopes on everything you say?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think there is a demand for SS weapons because the base weapons in game aren't covered properly. For example:

Support:
Pump action+Double barrel+Full auto shotgun
That covers the "base" of shotguns well. Something for everyone.
Firebug:
Flame thrower+incendiary grenades
the Mac10 is just a bonus weapon that is really not in the base of a "fire" class. I would love to see more fire attribute weapons, but it is not going to cover the "base" any better than a flamethrower.

Same with the zerker class. There are a TON of melee weapons out there but with what's currently in game covers a broad base. How many assault rifles do you need for the Commando? Unless there are attachments or "heavy" weapons, You get what you need with what's there.

The Sharp shooter does not have a fully covered "base". As of version 1016 you need precision! Anything less than perfect shots get you killed on the harder levels. We have the desert eagle for a side arm. We have lever action for that old frontiersman feeling. Then we have a.....bow? The M14 is weak, inaccurate, and lacks a good sight. For a class that has to land perfect shots to be viable those last 2 points must be addressed. This creates a desire for a real scoped rifle. That's why you see all of these "ss needs ____ gun" threads. The base is not covered properly.

Reactions: Starsky and Aze
Upvote 0
@noupperlobeman

You know why we made SS weapons??
Because we can! And many people here were asking for a Sniper rifle + we like the M99.
You sound like if it was our duty to make mods which are requested and so on.... NO it isn't!
And again we DON'T do this for fame or anything!! Just for ourselfs. And of course we're happy if other people like it too. If they don't I'm not angry at them or so lol. That would be redicilous. I can't force anyone to like cake or so :D.
Just be happy about mods or hate them. But start with that "why didn't you do this or that.... the game already has.... we don't need...".
This is no critic on the actual mod but I just get the feeling that I'm some kind of slave who should make what you want...

Holy poopers. I thought I made it at least somewhat clear that my post wasn't aimed at you. You make it sound like I was poking you with a stick, crying at you for not making weapons I want.

I've have fun with your mods. I love the mk23 pistols and the new medic gun, I am praying they make whitelist because I love being a medic.

Also:
Idk why there is such a huge number of sharpshooter mods out there. I certainly don't understand why such a huge percentage of the playerbase has a massive love affair with this class, and I'm assuming its because a large number of gamers have hardons for snipers in every online game I've ever played.

^This was aimed at the player base in general. It wasn't a "Hey Jack, your weapons blow! Make the ones I want PRONTO!" statement. This was a "Hey, why does the playerbase love the sharpshooter so much?" statement.

Keep doing what you do. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the modding community.

Um... Sorry for the misunderstanding? :confused:

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
XD I rofled when i saw scope on a crowbar that was epic.

Anyways back on topic. Not sure why you would mention mod wepons that are just for customs maps. if that where the case others would argee with you but which this is not the case. The sharpie is fine as of 1016 and he will hopefully stay that way becuase i like useing the perk now since nobody can flame me for it being the god perk back when we could 1-shot Fleshies

Upvote 0
Just to put some sort of "official word" on this, I doubt we will be adding all of these weapons to the game, which includes whitelisting all of them. Before allowing them in, we'd have to ensure that they don't throw off the balance of the game like our Tier 3 weapon patch did. It's very easy to accidentally throw off the balance of KF and it's not easy to make sure the balance is still there before releasing something. There is a chance that a weapon(or 2) off this list could get onto the whitelist at some point in the future, but the odds of all of them making it are basically nil.

They should all make it onto the greylist without a problem, though.

Upvote 0
Just to put some sort of "official word" on this, I doubt we will be adding all of these weapons to the game, which includes whitelisting all of them. Before allowing them in, we'd have to ensure that they don't throw off the balance of the game like our Tier 3 weapon patch did. It's very easy to accidentally throw off the balance of KF and it's not easy to make sure the balance is still there before releasing something. There is a chance that a weapon(or 2) off this list could get onto the whitelist at some point in the future, but the odds of all of them making it are basically nil.

You TWI official?Thank you for having noticed those new SS weapons!
To the balancing:
There are lots of players testing and responding the balance of the weapons,and I am one of them.
I am realism-this is not that good for balancing.However,as far as I see there are no problems in balancing the weapon.The AMR is so heavy that there must be another men cover his six.

Upvote 0

I can personally think that pistols and rifles probably have the best chance of being balanced over all, rather than "sniper type weapons", which may be fun, but would really be difficult to balance, so you should probably be wary around those.
The HK pistols bridge the gap between the handcannon and 9mm quite well, and the Nagant works well as a counterweight to the M14, and is quite balanced.

Of course, it is up to you, but I'm just saying that these on the list are looking like they could work well in-game. Just my not-so-proffessional opinion ;)

Upvote 0
I reckon the game has enough weapons but who knows maybe they'll add some more in the future and it won't clog up the game too much...

A little bit off topic but why does no one know how to use the EBRM14 properly? Kids these days use it and do body shots with it instead of aiming for the head and blowing the specimens heads off, seriously if the gun had more ammo it would be overpowered, it takes down Scrakes in very few seconds and fleshpounds in around five-seven seconds if you know how to aim properly.

Upvote 0
I reckon the game has enough weapons but who knows maybe they'll add some more in the future and it won't clog up the game too much...

A little bit off topic but why does no one know how to use the EBRM14 properly? Kids these days use it and do body shots with it instead of aiming for the head and blowing the specimens heads off, seriously if the gun had more ammo it would be overpowered, it takes down Scrakes in very few seconds and fleshpounds in around five-seven seconds if you know how to aim properly.

it's becuase it feels rather....ummm...how should I put it..."spammy"? The combination of the fire rate and obtrusive sights makes it feel a lot less SS.

Upvote 0

May i ask which weapons you are considering to be the most viable for addition to the game at the moment? :eek::)

Upvote 0
Holy poopers. I thought I made it at least somewhat clear that my post wasn't aimed at you. You make it sound like I was poking you with a stick, crying at you for not making weapons I want.

I've have fun with your mods. I love the mk23 pistols and the new medic gun, I am praying they make whitelist because I love being a medic.

^This was aimed at the player base in general. It wasn't a "Hey Jack, your weapons blow! Make the ones I want PRONTO!" statement. This was a "Hey, why does the playerbase love the sharpshooter so much?" statement.

Keep doing what you do. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the modding community.

Um... Sorry for the misunderstanding? :confused:

We're seeing eye to eye here. For a long moment I thought I was the only one that wasn't treating the Sharpshooter like it's the best thing since sliced bread.......

Upvote 0
Yeah it seems that he's a bit weird.... There is no way the M99 is overpowerd! Still some people say it is. Now it tell you why it can't be overpowerd: We gave it the same damage as the Crossbow (no intention) :D
I really don't know what your problem is Nanostryke.... If you don't like sniperrifles then just don't use them.... Will ya? :)
There's nothing broken in our mods and if there is something it will get fixed. That's what a beta is for.
Oh and there's nothing over the top. You're better off with the Crossbow if you want to go Rambo. The M99 will certainly get you killed! It seems to me that you probably never tried our mods but have a certain hate for them (I really don't care).

I wasn't talking about the M99, actually. It's the only one that seems to be having balance factored in at all. So relax. I was against the idea of the M99 1-shotting FPs. That's it. Other than that, I love the gun.

Hell, I wasn't even referring to all the weapons on the list (Though there are a few). I'm mostly talking about how it seems to be a rite of passage for an aspiring modder to create some sort of ridiculously broken Sniper Rifle after seeing how much the M14 sucks...then wonder why no one pats them on the back for doing so.

Looking at a few KF mod sites, you'd probably be floored by the sheer amount of 'Sniper Rifles' that are basically reskins of the same 1-headshot-kills-anything-in-the-game gun...

Upvote 0
I wasn't talking about the M99, actually. It's the only one that seems to be having balance factored in at all. So relax. I was against the idea of the M99 1-shotting FPs. That's it. Other than that, I love the gun.

Hell, I wasn't even referring to all the weapons on the list (Though there are a few). I'm mostly talking about how it seems to be a rite of passage for an aspiring modder to create some sort of ridiculously broken Sniper Rifle after seeing how much the M14 sucks...then wonder why no one pats them on the back for doing so.

Looking at a few KF mod sites, you'd probably be floored by the sheer amount of 'Sniper Rifles' that are basically reskins of the same 1-headshot-kills-anything-in-the-game gun...

That's the current damage of the weapons:

The Dual Mk23 is a bit too strong atm imo.
1 shot FP kills should not be possible and we do not want overpowerd weapons or think that the weapons should be strong. Actually we just want you to find the correct balancing. Crying about broken stuff and facts that ain't true won't really help. There may be modders who want their stuff to be overpowerd as it's their weapon but we really do not want this.
So please be ojective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0