• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Being shot means nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game wouldn't be much fun with that level of realism.

Not true at all. A huge majority of the time you get shot in RO, you're dead. If you now have the chance to prevent death from minor wounds bleeding out, it should also come with the associated handicaps of the region that was shot.

Are there a medic/corpsman class ingame? If not then why?

I don't think the Eastern front was famous for the amount of combat medics each side had around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SMG or other pistol cartridge, single round, arm, shoulder, buttocks ... maybe. 7.62mm or similar rifle round, no way. You get first aid and, if you live, go off to the hospital to recover. 5.56 is small and not as bad if it hits you in muscle rather than an organ or bone (still can't imagine not realizing it, must've been pumped up with adrenaline). Large caliber rifle rounds did horrendous damage. So, IMO, a very unrealistic feature, but it IS a game ...

Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
... Large caliber rifle rounds did horrendous damage ...

yeah, i remember reading "infantry assaults"* by Erwin Rommel, he was once caught on a crossfire between a french brigade, and another german brigade, with he, and his men, laying flat on their stomach waiting for an oportunity to get out of there... Finally the oportunity came, and his men (and he) charged the french, who were starting to retreat. He said he got shot on the leg, the exit wound was the size of an orange.

that landed him on the hospital for many weeks, and later he was transfered to the eastern front.

*keep in mind those are his WWI memoirs.

Upvote 0
Adrenaline.

Of course this is just a reason for it, I do agree with you, but with adrenaline you can do anything you can as if you aren't wounded, anything you can do if you are not physically limited that is.

Was just about to say the same. From my personal experience, even though never been shot, is that i play football (the original european one where u use your legs, not that "other" sport:rolleyes:) and my ankle is pretty busted so once in awhile i accidently bend it so it hurts like hell. The first 5 mins are a pain but after that i can walk it off and continue like nothing has happened. The next morning i wake up and i cant walk because of the pain and the ankle is usually black as hell and swollen.
I quess same would apply to minor wounds as adrenaline doses are high for soldiers fighting for they

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you can just bandage yourself up in 2 seconds and go about your business like nothing has happened.

A shot to the leg should mean permanent limping until you die and respawn.
A shot to the arm should mean bad/erratic aiming.

This whole 'you got shot, bandage yourself and it's ok' thing is pointless.
I agree.

Upvote 0
If you can just bandage yourself up in 2 seconds and go about your business like nothing has happened.

A shot to the leg should mean permanent limping until you die and respawn.
A shot to the arm should mean bad/erratic aiming.

This whole 'you got shot, bandage yourself and it's ok' thing is pointless.

How about waiting to play the game?

It plays out very well imo. You can't always bandage yourself, it depends where you got hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiFi
Upvote 0
I dont care either way but I do remember having those exact mechanics working pretty well in rainbow six and rogue spear. you could get shot in the upper body an you would have yellow rets that couldnt focus as fast . same thing for the limp. it makes wounding a person a little more immersive knowing that youve hurt his aim or his walk speed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.