• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Crosshairs will be LIVE from TWI's offices

Haven't they already said that there won't be any spotting system?

There will likely be a passive reporting or spotting system. In the sense that you can say there is an enemy over there and point at the spot, and then people see that spot marked on the map and in the tactical overview system.

But beside the recon plane I hope there won't be an automatic or semi automatic spotting system ala BC2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This should be quite hilarious.

People here aren't stupid, they know who you are rendering your opinions invalid, because of your ulterior motives. Quit being a sad individual, now run along and make a game that we can all be proud of instead intentionally stirring **** up here kthanks.

Upvote 0
People here aren't stupid, they know who you are rendering your opinions invalid, because of your ulterior motives. Quit being a sad individual, now run along and make a game that we can all be proud of instead intentionally stirring **** up here kthanks.

Pay no attention to him. He does the same thing on every single forum I see him on. He seems to hate on every board, no matter what the game.

Upvote 0
Yeah that bfbc2 spotting system is allowed Wall Hack to meh :(
I would prefer something like this :
A soldier spots an enemy squad, takes cover, opens his map and point were they are. Dunno if all the soldiers could see this or if first the commander should be able to have a look, and then delivers the info to all his fellow comrades.

REAL HD FOOTAGE NEEDED here :(

Upvote 0
A soldier spots an enemy squad, takes cover, opens his map and point were they are. Dunno if all the soldiers could see this or if first the commander should be able to have a look, and then delivers the info to all his fellow comrades.

Just play BFBC2 in hardcore mode, then there is no 3D map at all. Problem solved.

Upvote 0
Just play BFBC2 in hardcore mode, then there is no 3D map at all. Problem solved.
:D
Yeah, but that doesn't answer how RO2's spotting system is being handled.

Besides, full hardcore mode in BF:BC2 is a *****, for the simple reason that it hides your total amount of remaining ammo (especially painful as an AT engineer) and it disables crosshairs on stationary MGs, which would be perfectly fine except they have no ironsights: and thus they become even more useless than they are in "normal" mode.

"Hardcore" mode in BF:BC2 clearly feels like an afterthought, which is very sad considering how I loathe default mode, with all it's colored triangles and 3/4 of a mag to kill someone at close range.

So, maybe try and see how "realistic" compares to "relaxed realism" (default) in RO2:HoS?

Upvote 0
Pay no attention to him. He does the same thing on every single forum I see him on. He seems to hate on every board, no matter what the game.

Interesting, so I'm a member at another forum now? That's news to me.

My comment about this being hilarious, was not a negative one, simply that they usually are pretty fun guys.(Both TWI and Crosshairs)

You guys sure have a lot of hatred towards anyone who isnt part of your little group. I'm sure the developers love having a hostile community.

Upvote 0

I had almost the exact same idea, but that it was really localised (ie within earshot) and it just showed an x or something on the ground where you reckoned the other team was, and enemies near to the spotting point got you assists :cool:

Upvote 0