• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Perks dont work on my map?

Exactly. Get your map on the whitelist by following the advice in the sticky topic at the top of this section and then perks will be enabled on it.

Am I nuts or do I just not see any actual tips on what to put into a map to get it whitelisted? Like I'm not seeing what the criteria is? Does it have to look a certain way (IE be really detailed? or can it be simple?) Does it have to be built a certain way (a specific amount of traders? A specific number of ammo spawns/weapon spawns?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nothing specific. It just must not be a leveling map. And TWI decides what is a leveling map and what isn't.

Just make sure enemies can get to you and you can't shoot them through a slit in the wall while they can't reach you. As long as players can't use the map to level up their perks without having to work for it you should be fine. Post in the topic in a similar form as the others and be sure to add a working download link so TWI can test it.
After a few days (or weeks in this case as they are on Christmas break) they will update the whitelist and post in the topic about it. If your map didn't qualify they'll tell you roughly what you have to change.

If the map is good or good looking doesn't matter. The whitelist isn't meant to only include good maps! It's just there so players can't level up their perks on maps where they just have to tape down the fire-button.

If you aren't sure if your map is white-list ready you can just post it in the beta section and let other people try it and give you their opinion.

Upvote 0
Nothing specific. It just must not be a leveling map. And TWI decides what is a leveling map and what isn't.

Just make sure enemies can get to you and you can't shoot them through a slit in the wall while they can't reach you. As long as players can't use the map to level up their perks without having to work for it you should be fine. Post in the topic in a similar form as the others and be sure to add a working download link so TWI can test it.
After a few days (or weeks in this case as they are on Christmas break) they will update the whitelist and post in the topic about it. If your map didn't qualify they'll tell you roughly what you have to change.

If the map is good or good looking doesn't matter. The whitelist isn't meant to only include good maps! It's just there so players can't level up their perks on maps where they just have to tape down the fire-button.

If you aren't sure if your map is white-list ready you can just post it in the beta section and let other people try it and give you their opinion.

Ok cool, ause I have a few ideas for maps, but they won't look good at all, just simple boxes and simple textures really cause I don't know how to do things like realisti ground, or water, or anything special to be honest lol, however, they won't be by any means farming maps.

Upvote 0