• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many of you plan to have music switched on?

How many of you plan to have music switched on?

• Yes.

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • No.

Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters

barakas

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
I never played RO1 with music on .

Immersion killing alone is enough for me to switch it on, but there's also a competitive advantage in MP to have it off.

Since Tripwire seem to have put more time and resources into music this time around, I'm wondering how many people are actually planning to have music on when they play?

Personally I'd rather them just spend the money on more animations or on sounds that actually represent in game things.

Though I guess if lots of people like having music on, its worth having the option there.

edit: I didn't make a poll in time, so just post your preference in the comments.

Last edited:
A poll would have been nice.

The mod never had music, the retail did but there wasn't very much and it wasn't very varied so it got a little boring after a while.

Given the work that has gone into it, and the fact it is dynamic and goes along with the game I will definitely be playing with it on...but possibly turned down a little so I can hear more around me.

Upvote 0
first thing i do is put it on high settings and enjoy every little feature and all there hard work they put into making RO2 i will not turn of anything only put it at its highest settings:rolleyes:

Dude, that is not how it works.

After reading the forums for quite some time now, I think I have figured out how it works:

a) Always complain about stuff you haven't seen (heard) yet.
b) Make a poll: Feature X should be optional or removed.
c) Compare thing X to a niche++ game like Arma or even better: A random mod 12 people have played so far. Explain why it is so awesome. Comparing to COD or any other main stream game is optional but usually works well too.
d) Realism. Use the word. It is like magic. (Realism is trumped automatically by game play if your "side" has a
disadvantage, of course)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not loving the released samples, sorry to say. I'm more of a Bear McCreary guy for all my soundtrack needs.

That, and I usually turn off music for greater immersion when I'm playing stuff like Bad Company 2, Killing Floor/Ostfront. I'll listen to it the first time around, but if there are no hooks to it all, I'll have to just listen to the sounds of the battle.

Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
I will have music on in-game for a while until I get annoyed by it. Eventually I will also turn it off in the menus, although after a while I will turn it on there again. Then I will turn it on and off in and out of game every now and then so things feel less static =). For competitive play I will not have in-game music though ^^.

I miss "something in between" option in the poll :p.

Upvote 0