• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

UI suggestions to improve/streamline teamwork

TheDOW

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
1) Team-wide Global Aerial Recon Pop-Up - When the commander calls Air Reconnaisance, there should be a global announcement that shows up on all teammates screens to remind them to check their tactical HUD or Map to see enemy positions.

2) Team-wide VOIP Indicator - The name of the player currently speaking over VOIP should appear for all teammates.

3) Player-model VOIP Indicator - An icon or indicator should appear above the in-game model of the player currently speaking. (e.g. so that when I say "follow me" nearby teammates know who to follow instantly)

4) Automatic Display of Grid Location - Whenever someone uses team chat, VOIP, or voice commands their grid location should automatically display next to their name. That way if someone says "Help!" or "I nees ammo!" there is much less confusion.

5) Pictures at character select - When people are picking their roles, a picture of the role in-game model should also be included on the details page. That way players can familiarize themselves with their teams' character models which hopefully reduces friendly fire. Right now it seems like the only way people learn what Russian assault troops and German Commanders look like is after team killing them.

Last edited:
1) team-wide global aerial recon pop-up - when the commander calls air reconnaisance, there should be a global announcement that shows up on all teammates screens to remind them to check their tactical hud or map to see enemy positions.

2) team-wide voip indicator - the name of the player currently speaking over voip should appear for all teammates.

3) player-model voip indicator - an icon or indicator should appear above the in-game model of the player currently speaking. (e.g. So that when i say "follow me" nearby teammates know who to follow instantly)

4) automatic display of grid location - whenever someone uses team chat, voip, or voice commands their grid location should automatically display next to their name. That way if someone says "help!" or "i nees ammo!" there is much less confusion.

5) pictures at character select - when people are picking their roles, a picture of the role in-game model should also be included on the details page. That way players can familiarize themselves with their teams' character models which hopefully reduces friendly fire. Right now it seems like the only way people learn what russian assault troops and german commanders look like is after team killing them.

/\ yes! More of that!

Upvote 0