• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics FallenFighers tactics

Oneah

Aug 10, 2011
Hey i just made a video with some possible tactics on FallenFighters, how to reach the enemys base pretty easy and get them from behind.
Also some other aspects i wanted to show, how very low action there is in the center of this map making it probably not work as it was meant to be.
I did some MG action in the end.. i showed how annoying the auto balance system can be and maybe how easy it is to take down the MG players, although i very likely just played bad. In the end there's a funny glitch after i get killed.
Enjoy :)

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Beta Gameplay (MG34, 91/30 Nagant) - YouTube

PS: sorry for the black borders around the video, i'm still trying to learn how to properly make videos.

It's funny because attacking the right flank is good for the Germans. Since the spawns are on opposite sides and diagnol from each other, it is safe to go right. The reason being as most people that sit and try to pick others off from their spawn building, can't get the proper angle of attack from their left flank. This causes both sides to essentially move in a counter clockwise fashion. Those that try to go the opposite direction, have a building filled with mgers/snipers shooting at you plus the enemy moving that same direction.

The lack of effecient cover in the middle also makes it very hard to move in and capture points.

Upvote 0
NO!

Just NO!

I hate how this map plays out in territory mode. Everyone doesn't seem to give a crap about the zones you need to capture and instead opts to cut off the enemy spawn. It's actually safer to be nearer to the enemies spawn than your own.

There is very little fighting everywhere because of this. The majority of your team, no matter what side your on, is at the enemies spawn. The battle doesn't seem to progress even though people are labelled as being in the zone but somethings just not right. And because the majority of players are at each others spawns theres very little action. You'll get the odd person who runs across the road out of stupidity but he'll just end up choosing a different spawn location. So theres not a lot of action either.

-

The zones for this mode need to be in the center of the map. Forcing people to fight in the middle. Rather than the sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0
First day of the beta, when no one had any idea of what was going on on this map I hated it.

Earlier tonight some clanmates and I managed to capture each point in less than 5 minutes - in a full 32 player server with the other team actively capturing our points, albeit it in a seemingly less-organized fashion.

This map really rewards teamwork. If you don't get the tank and artillery strikes involved it's pointless to play it.

Upvote 0
From what I've played of TE Fallenfighters, the best route to capturing all the points is to charge the middle.

A lot of people complain about the lack of cover and such, but that's just not true. There's plenty of cover from potholes to low walls which you can prone behind quite safely.

It's easy to get up there too, I might also make a video showing it.

There is a really well placed ammo cache which allows a squad leader to throw enough smoke grnades to get the squad half way up the map and then reload to do throw some more.

A good friend and I played this tactic and won in a very short amount of time.

Upvote 0
Everything is maxed out except AA which is in medium.
My Specs is 4gb ram ddr2 800mhz
Intel Quad Core 2.66ghz
ATI Radeon hd 6870 1GB ddr5
I was going to get that card...but the manufacturers of my computer welded metal in front of two of my PCI slots(where the hdmi and dvi ports comeout). I would need room for the gfx card which could be easily accomplished by moving my wireless card over a slot. And any idea what kind of power supply unit would I have to have?...I wasn't too sure of how much power I would need. 500 watt, 600 watt, etc...

My Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom (tm) II X4 840T Proccessor (4 CPUS), ~2.9 ghz
Memory: 4096 MB RAM
HDD: 1 TB Total
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 <--low end card
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks for the Video good quality. Keep up the good work :)

Upvote 0
It's funny because attacking the right flank is good for the Germans. Since the spawns are on opposite sides and diagnol from each other, it is safe to go right. The reason being as most people that sit and try to pick others off from their spawn building, can't get the proper angle of attack from their left flank. This causes both sides to essentially move in a counter clockwise fashion. Those that try to go the opposite direction, have a building filled with mgers/snipers shooting at you plus the enemy moving that same direction.

The lack of effecient cover in the middle also makes it very hard to move in and capture points.

Germans that attempt to go counter clockwise are stopped by me. I find they try to run along the buildings and often get 20-30 kills in TE fallen fighters just picking them off... They never even shoot back, just run run run.
Easy kills :D

Upvote 0
I think the capping points should be shrunk just 10 meters on every side, just so you can't capture them from the streets on the perimeter. But as is, the middle isn't that bad, as long as you make short crouch-sprints (smoke helps too) there are plenty of places to lie prone where you can't be shot from the sides or the buildings.

Upvote 0