• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic getting somewhat stale

m60e4.jpg

So he can at least cover his teammates by pushing zeds.
Good edit. :troll:
Well, you should have said you meant something like that. But what would that really change? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As medic I use a shotgun (M3) and it is usually effective enough at clearing a path to teamates so you can heal them. Of course anything is better than the MP7 (feels like a friggen toy). The only problem is that you still have to use the MP7 to employ the medi-darts.

So I'd be happy if, only for the medic, they added a dart launcher to the Benelli in place of the flashlight. I'm not saying it should have any other perk benefits; just the base stats, but make it more viable as a primary weapon for medics. Precious time would be saved by not having to switch to the MP7 or syringe, and since you can cut short your reload for the shotgun it'd be even more ideal for healing teamates than the MP7 (with which I spend half of the time reloading).

Upvote 0
I think playing medic takes more common sense then anything to use it to its full potential. You might as well sub-class it and figure out do you wanna be a heavy damage medic or crowd killer. Then you have to know the right time to heal and shoot. Be careful not to get carryed away attacking but help your teammates fire on stronger zeds and keep them healed. Its probly the most complex class to use cause you can use so many combinations

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
It doesn't need anything added, but there is room to add more without ruining it I reckon.

This.

The Medic doesn't have any offensive strengths...but that also means he's not shoehorned into a specific weapon group (I'm lookin' at you, Crossbowman....erm..."Sharpshooter"). Thus you can take a variety of loadouts!

-MP7/Bullpup/MAC10 "Bulletstormer" Loadout

Tons of up-close headshotting power for trash zeds. And 3 guns to empty in "It's hitting the fan" scenarios before you need to reload. This is probably my personal favorite loudout. There's something about shooting till it goes click, then whipping out another SMG immediately that's both badass and hilarious. Especially when you do it not once, but TWICE in a row!

-MP7/X-Bow "ScrakeSlayer" Loadout

You kill Scrakes and Husks/Sirens. Yay. Go you. (You should probably just player Sharpshooter if you're doing this, but oh well, still a good loadout).

-MP7/Hunting Shotgun "Hallway Sweeper" Loadout

You can sweep halls clear to get to teammates with a double barrel blast. Fun for the whole family!

The list really goes on and on. There are so many viable medic loadouts that it's amazing. The M-79 and Lever Action Rifle are popular choices too. Medic shouldn't get stale.

Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
Of course anything is better than the MP7 (feels like a friggen toy). The only problem is that you still have to use the MP7 to employ the medi-darts.
^ This. TWI should concider adding some damage to the MP7s since actually NOONE uses them unless healed someone with dart and something out of sudden attacked u. I mean it. Mostly ppl use other weapons. Only when people use MP7 as weapons:
1. Panic button after healing someone
2. If you don't have cash for other weapon and ur pistol and nades are empty
3. If you run out of ammo for all other weapons you have
4. If you play on beginner to be :troll:

Reactions: sverek
Upvote 0
^ This. TWI should concider adding some damage to the MP7s since actually NOONE uses them unless healed someone with dart and something out of sudden attacked u. I mean it. Mostly ppl use other weapons. Only when people use MP7 as weapons:
1. Panic button after healing someone
2. If you don't have cash for other weapon and ur pistol and nades are empty
3. If you run out of ammo for all other weapons you have
4. If you play on beginner to be :troll:

actually, it's really quite useful. I personally prefer the LAR, but if you use short bursts towrd their heads, you can deal with groups of clots, bloats, and gorefasts easily. Hell, if you have to, it's possible to kill off husks and sirens using it. Scrakes and FPs are only attacked with it by total idiots though (its a light SMG. what about that screams "for major targets"?)

The main reason why the MP7 does not get used by those who know how is that the medic is a multi-classer who can confidently use a wider range of weapons; hence the choice for more powerful ones or ones that people feel more familiar with.

Also, there has been a medic loadout forgotten here:
MP7- healing, anti crawler-group weapon, nice for close and personal situations
LAR- primary, high ammo, high power weapon for picking off zeds that get through your team's screen of lead.
Dual HCs- save these to distract raging FPs and Scrakes, thereby sacraficing a little of your god-armor for a teammates life (or, if you are farther away then the ex-victim, it could be killed before it reaches you)

Upvote 0
Reduce the recoil and increase accurary and damage for the Mp7 and hopefully this solves our problem? It did in my "From Down Below" mod for Killing Floor.

TBH I think just reducing the fire rate would probably help loads... but then agian I think I would miss that awkward little peashooter if it were changed :)

Upvote 0
Salad Snake said:
I definitely don't think it'd be disruptive toward game balance for the MP7 to get buffed up a little, not in power, but in ease-of-use. It'd also solve the problem of the M7A3 making it obsolete.

As long as that healing bug gets fixed in the near future, that'd be a great recovery for the medic as it stands.

Healing at distance is even harder now that shots sometimes don't register (you'll see green smoke and that sound but no actual effect on said injured player).

Upvote 0
I have just gotten into playing the medic in the last couple of times I've played, and I'm loving it. The MP7 doesn't deal much damage but I'm not really sure on anything past normal that you're meant to use it in such a manner. I tend to grab the Hunting Shotgun as a complimentary weapon cos I reckon it is the best fun to use in all of Killing Floor. It's just so satisfying. So with the Hunting Shotgun i can unleash both barrels on rage Scrakes to finish them and help to tank FP's when they're close.
Medic is great fun I reckon, but I would not complain at all if another gun was added. I more than welcome it. I love being able to see my team mates get back into the action after near death, nothing quite as satisfying as knowing the team relies on any medics (generally).

Also, as a medic is designed to be a support role, people just have to accept that they're not always going to get much combat. (Even though I'm generally second on the kill count list with medic. What can I say, i'm just skilled like that :D)

Upvote 0