• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Can't find textures or maps?

Alperce

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Portugal
Hello, I am a bit new to the RO2 SDK, I've only worked arround the Source SDK, so this is all a bit new to me. I've made a terrain and applied it light, I am now trying to texture it but I can't find any texture materials to paint the terrain with.. Where can I find them and how to I apply them? :)

Also, I can't seem to find any of RO2's maps, how do I open them on the SDK?

Alperce,
Open your Generic Browser and right-click on the "External" Package and "Fully Load" You will need to do this 3-4 times (maybe more) for all of the assets to load. Then, while you have "External" selected, go to the filter and click on "Materials". All of the game materials will then pop-up. Dig through there and you'll find the materials for painting your terrain. Remember-you "paint" your Terrain with "Materials" and "Materials" are built from "Textures".

Upvote 0
Alperce,
Open your Generic Browser and right-click on the "External" Package and "Fully Load" You will need to do this 3-4 times (maybe more) for all of the assets to load. Then, while you have "External" selected, go to the filter and click on "Materials". All of the game materials will then pop-up. Dig through there and you'll find the materials for painting your terrain. Remember-you "paint" your Terrain with "Materials" and "Materials" are built from "Textures".

No more materials appear in the list for me...

I did the "FULLY LOAD" 2 times and there is same things in the material-list.

I want materials :(

Upvote 0
lolflakes,
1. Make sure you keep trying to "fully load" the "External" package (in the generic browser, left panel, under "Packages"). You really need to do it 3-4 times. Do it until "fully load" is greyed-out. After this, make sure "External" is still highlighted and look at the filter window that is located in the upper-middle of the generic browser. Look for "Object Type" highlighted in RED. Check the "Materials" box. All of the games "Materials" should now show. They will not have thumbnails but you can still use them as normal.

2. Since you can't see the thumbnails, you won't know what anything looks like but you can look all of these items up in each of their individual package folders. To see landscape textures, for example, go back to the filter window and click "All". Then click "External" in the "Packages" window. Now, look in your "Packages" window for the folder called "ENV_Landscape". Click it and now you should see all of the textures in that package. Write down the exact name of something you like. Re-select "External" and then go back to the filter window and select "Materials" Look up the name (it's alphabetical, not everything is there, though) and then click it. Now you can go back to your Terrain editor (the little button that looks like a mountain) and add it to your terrain.

Upvote 0
Why are material thumbnails just black?:confused:

01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
[TW]Swag
user_offline.gif

Tripwire Interactive Staff
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif

If you put the Game Asset Database in offline mode, and run the package sweep to make a content journal, you should have thumbnails of all the assets in the game.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ContentBrowserDatabase.html[url]http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Conte...rDatabase.html[/URL]

Take a gander at that. That will save you from having to load the entire package to look at the goodies. If you can't sort it out, let me know. ;)

Upvote 0