• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 is the most realistic game of all time!

Falling height is ridiculous - one way to get around it currently, is by "running down a wall". It's a bit difficult to describe, but in essence, when you walk/run off a height, go diagonally, and the first thing you should hit is the adjacent wall, then the floor. This definitely works for 1 storey at least. Examples would be the 1st floors of broken building opposite Propaganda house, and the Infirmary.

Upvote 0
Just looked at both videos and I have done both of those actions in the past with no injury or death to myself, so I don't know if those were in the Alpha/Early Beta stages or what..... but that has never happened to me, ever in RO2.

The only time I died from falling in RO2 was Red Oktober Factory, when us Russians capped the first objective and I was near the radio in the building.... I decided to head out a door that was on the second floor that lead to an opened area of the building with a broken floor.... and a couple of guys were following behind me.

I looked down and figured, nah.... I can make that jump..... jumped and then fell to my death.

I then got a message from one of the guys behind me saying, "So Prax, that's not a good spot to jump from is it, lol?"

I responded, "Nope.... I wouldn't suggest it."

It was a tad funny.

But in the OP's two videos, those falls are something I remember seeing in RO1 and the Mod.... but I've never seen that happen in RO2, nor have I died from doing those exact same things, let alone get injured.

Upvote 0
Just looked at both videos and I have done both of those actions in the past with no injury or death to myself, so I don't know if those were in the Alpha/Early Beta stages or what..... but that has never happened to me, ever in RO2.

The only time I died from falling in RO2 was Red Oktober Factory, when us Russians capped the first objective and I was near the radio in the building.... I decided to head out a door that was on the second floor that lead to an opened area of the building with a broken floor.... and a couple of guys were following behind me.

I looked down and figured, nah.... I can make that jump..... jumped and then fell to my death.

I then got a message from one of the guys behind me saying, "So Prax, that's not a good spot to jump from is it, lol?"

I responded, "Nope.... I wouldn't suggest it."

It was a tad funny.

But in the OP's two videos, those falls are something I remember seeing in RO1 and the Mod.... but I've never seen that happen in RO2, nor have I died from doing those exact same things, let alone get injured.
Same here. Unless you twisted your ankle or something in which case you'd be "combat ineffective" in game terms and therefore dead. And besides; he's Russian, probably been drinking vodka, maybe said something like "hey tovarich, watch what I can do".

Upvote 0
Stairs can be dangerous
1276956930-Falls_down_stairs.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Um, I didn't clearly understood what that had to do with parkour. He was only jumping down the stairs.

No sense of humor... :rolleyes:

Parkour is all about moving through the environment as efficiently as possible. Why walk down the stairs when you can clear the staircase in a single jump?

Unfortunately, our Russian friend forgot to roll at the end, and absorbed all the shock with his knees...

Upvote 0