• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Red Army Bolts

Warnipple

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2010
Hey Im sure everyone has noticed that there are 3 Red Army Bolts to choose from but how are they different from each other?

I know the first one is the most accurate one where you have to add a bayonet.

The second one is a carbine version of that with reduced accuracy.

The third one is a bolt that comes with a permenent bayonet.

So anyway which one is best and how are they different from each other? Other than the bayonet.

Mosin Nagant 1891: Standard rifle that can attach bayonet.

Mosin NAgant M38 carbine: Shorter verison, with slightly reduced accuracy an more recoil but slightly faster movement and bolts faster.

Mosin Nagant M44 carbine: Late war version of M38 with permanent bayonet.

Mosin Nagant Sniper: More accurate version of the 1891, hand selected and fitted with scopes, their bolts are bent down for use with scope.

Upvote 0
The M44 is, from what I can tell, the best bolt action of the 3. It has the advantages of both M38 and 91/30(Unscoped). Ingame, you will probably not notice any of these unless you are shooting long distance on Tula Outskirts or Berezina.

Personally I always choose M44 when possible just so I don't have to equip bayonet when I spawn, saves a little time on first spawn.

M44

FreeAimRotationSpeed=7.0
Spread = 50
maxVerticalRecoilAngle=1500
maxHorizontalRecoilAngle=600
FireRate=2.4

FreeAimRotationSpeed=6.0
Spread = 50
maxVerticalRecoilAngle=1500
maxHorizontalRecoilAngle=600
FireRate=2.4

M38