• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Beta Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to open RO from the steam games list

That's what I was doing. Followed all instructions, it was just acting weird. It ended up downloading the dang thing four times, finally it just worked...

Seems alright. Bayo animation looks different, but I didn't get to try it out on anyone. Someone was saying the new tank and the AT gun were buggy, but I don't know how. Now that I have it DL'd and working I hope they release the patch soon so I can find more servers.

Upvote 0
Bayo animation looks different, but I didn't get to try it out on anyone. Someone was saying the new tank and the AT gun were buggy, but I don't know how. Now that I have it DL'd and working I hope they release the patch soon so I can find more servers.

Well I stabbed some people (and Xienen stabbed me too) and they got hit by the first stab so the bayo seems fine to me now. BTW, I like the menu music, but the soundtracks for the maps sometimes don't fit. Afaik the soundtrack is the same for every map (or for every unofficial map). Also the music during maps should be quieter byt the menu music volume is fine, is there a way you can change that in the redorchestra.ini?

Upvote 0
dont release this patch its just way too buggy - you'll need another 3 month to fix these bugs with ONE TANK - it just clearly shows that you want NOTHING to do with RO anymore and just trying to "sell" fanwork for your update- EVERYTHING was created by fans within this year and you still managed to give 0 support to them and put it all together without bugs ! congrats Tripwire, i kept my mouth shut while you destroyed RO realism and gameplay through out the retail but thats it - that was last rant by me - Thanks GOD Insurgency almost released at least they wont "sell" out and WILL trully support their mod unlike you- enjoy my 30 dollars - consider its a gift - no more business with you in the future thats the for sure.

Upvote 0
That's what I was doing. Followed all instructions, it was just acting weird. It ended up downloading the dang thing four times, finally it just worked...

Seems alright. Bayo animation looks different, but I didn't get to try it out on anyone. Someone was saying the new tank and the AT gun were buggy, but I don't know how. Now that I have it DL'd and working I hope they release the patch soon so I can find more servers.

Glad you got it to work. ;)

The real solution would be to go to release and then if a quickie fix is found to be needed, let that be the autoupdate instead of having all the beta guys fight Steam.

I might add that the Final Patch should be released now.... so that the Client confusion and conflicts with STEAM are ended.

If there is a fix needed in the near future, let that quickie fix be an auto-update as we see happening now. Microsoft sent out a critical update yesterday, it forced reboots, globally... needless to say, even with "Start with Windows" unchecked for Steam.. the moment the players started RO, it updated again... only this time, it reverted back to the Client release version.. I had to do a fresh Client Beta update to get back to where I was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry Mike, the solution to having install issues is definitely not "push it out on everyone". The purpose of this beta is to find issues like this. Everyone that participates has done it voluntarily. So everyone will just need to be patient :) Valve have discovered an issue with the install for our update. As soon as they fix the issue within Steam (and assuming we don't find any new bugs in our game during testing) we'll release the patch as soon as they get it sorted.

Upvote 0
Sorry Mike, the solution to having install issues is definitely not "push it out on everyone". The purpose of this beta is to find issues like this. Everyone that participates has done it voluntarily. So everyone will just need to be patient :) Valve have discovered an issue with the install for our update. As soon as they fix the issue within Steam (and assuming we don't find any new bugs in our game during testing) we'll release the patch as soon as they get it sorted.

Excellent. I was only looking for a "work-around". I mentioned "push it out" because this puppy runs so well as it is.

We are all volunteers.... right from the very beginning. I voluntarily reached into my pocket and bought five copies of RO... and have been enjoying the daylights out of it ever since.

I volunteered to provide servers and very much enjoy doing so. Now, I find myself a volunteer once again running the latest beta for both the Servers and Clients. I'm still loving it. :)

Upvote 0
Again, to the map devs, and TW, excellent work! We are running our 45 man test server over here at [FLOT] with no problems encountered so far. One thing I have noticed that perhaps no one has brought up as yet? That is, and I have only tested three maps so far, is there are no German anti-tank guns, no SDKFZ251 with tank gun mounted, and no "specially" camo'd halftrack. Am I mistaken, but were these supposed to be in the update, or are they being released separately by AHZ?

Upvote 0
Hi. I've only had this great game for a couple of weeks. Been playing CoD for several years. I wanted another WWII game with more challenge and realism and this game has fullfilled all my expectations. Well anyway, just downloaded the new beta and ran into a few bugs when test running it with bots in practise mode.

- In map called Berezina (or sth) when you go to any river and prone, you go under water but you can't stand or crouch before you have reached the shore. The water is knee or waist deep and you can also run there. Dunno for sure if it existed earlier too..

- In other map (don't remember the name) I couldn't kill the bots with bashing even if I tried it for a long time. In next map it worked OK. :D

- Should you be able to shoot the men sitting in small vehicles for example? Because I couldn't even if was above them and aimed into their heads. There was an invisible roof keeping them safe from bullets and nades.

Any idea when the weird stuttering with 8800 GTX will be fixed and what causes it? I can't use sniper at all, because everytime I pull the trigger it causes horrible lag for a little moment. Also in some certain maps in a few areas FPS dives really low (like 10).:(

I only got two complaints about the game itself:

1. Lack of 3D team voice commands. Yes, I've noticed it has been discussed a lot in forum, but that was the first negative and most annoying thing in game I noticed. It's annoying to start spinning around and searching for the machine gunner who asks for ammo or when someone warns about grenade. It's a bit too much to hear every "grenade!" from a kilometer's distance.

2. Tanks and other vehicles get stuck all too easily. Small trees and stones, wooden fences and bushes shouldn't stop those beasts. Maybe slow down a bit but not stop. In every other way, they feel and look nice.

Anyway, great online experience loaded with team-play, realism and tactics. Now I'll have to start learning the game.:D

PS. Your support to the game really is amazing, never seen anything like this.

Upvote 0
I havent encountered any real problems with the patch, but the one thing I noticed was the new bayonet action. As you pull the bayonet back to stab someone, it seems as if the bayonet is moving a bit jerky, almost as if it were suffering from a lower framerate than the rest of the game. It was especially noticeable on the SVT-40, but less so on the K98. Not a real issue, just looked a bit odd. Other than this it looks great so far.

Upvote 0
$i was just on the only populated test server, and even though they were playing leningrad there was more lag then usual. especially when someone used speak, or when you are being shot at or when satchels blow.

but when the map switched to berezina, there was also lagg. again when i am in unit selection screen it laggs for minutes without being able to move mouse. and for the fiirst time in my RO history the game crashed to desktop, i rejoined and it was extremely laggy and all i could do was look around. so i disconnected, and rejoined. after lagging i saw people getting killed and so on, and then ... nothing all freezed on the server. and i walked around and everybody was in the same place not moving, so i disconnected again and came here...

$$edit$$ found the problem: my stupid anti-virus started doing a complete scan while i was playing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder if there is a minor issue with entering the BT-7 to ride on top, because I saw this a lot when playing Berezina tonight:

Kinda annoying. You have to enter from the sides I guess, or what?

Also - there's an exploit that makes it possible to get onto the roof of one of the houses in the village, but since it's a 'custom', not a priority to fix? :p

Upvote 0
I wonder if there is a minor issue with entering the BT-7 to ride on top, because I saw this a lot when playing Berezina tonight:

Kinda annoying. You have to enter from the sides I guess, or what?

Also - there's an exploit that makes it possible to get onto the roof of one of the houses in the village, but since it's a 'custom', not a priority to fix? :p

It looks like no driver in the tank. We had fixed this bug prior to submitting to TWI. Perhaps another code tweak brought it back? That is my assumption. If there was a driver, you should jump on the tank. Did you try other angles?

About the roof, no intent to allow roof access. Which house? I don't think it will impact play much but I am one that will never intentionally put gimmick jumps/climbs in a map. If there is one, it is by pure happenstance.

Upvote 0
It looks like no driver in the tank. We had fixed this bug prior to submitting to TWI. Perhaps another code tweak brought it back? That is my assumption. If there was a driver, you should jump on the tank. Did you try other angles?

About the roof, no intent to allow roof access. Which house? I don't think it will impact play much but I am one that will never intentionally put gimmick jumps/climbs in a map. If there is one, it is by pure happenstance.

You actually get it when there is a driver in the tank, we just found out the bug quite a bit too late sadly.

Upvote 0
Zhitomir1941 has a little bug. There is a hole in the map, not gameplay relevant but visually ugly. It's on the left side of the map, directly at the second German spawn. The mapper should easily find the place when looking at the screens.

Attachments

• RedOrchestra 2007-05-24 22-44-53-03.jpg
    RedOrchestra 2007-05-24 22-44-53-03.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0
  • RedOrchestra 2007-05-24 22-46-14-34.jpg
    RedOrchestra 2007-05-24 22-46-14-34.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hey Slyk,

Yea, I think this was *probably* when trying to enter from the rear when the vehicle was moving. And yes, there was a driver.

It's the only house in the second village with a loft (with windows). Lie on the bed, then stand up - hey presto - you're standing on the roof :p

-S

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.