• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Non-standard server concerns

A better question is just how "vanilla" will servers have to be to be ranked?

Does it really matter if my mates and I want slightly reduced round times or slightly lengthened respawn times? If we don't want the Stamina bar enabled, but do want the minimap?

I'm still a little confused about precisely what a ranked server will be required to do, other than (as stated elsewhere) simply sign up.

As written in the DS Support forum:

Yoshiro said:
Anybody can run a server.

For it to be ranked they need a static IP and need to apply with us. That is the only requirements.

If you are found breaking our terms of service for a ranked server, it will be removed and you (and or your organization) will not be allowed to reapply.

All fine and good, and one can imagine the obvious no-nos like instant level-ups/unlocks/whatever, but where is the line actually drawn?

Upvote 0
I want to see more people stand up for the creative community.

They've done so much for Red Orchestra, and many of the top-rung modders have been officially recognized by Tripwire with their Rising Sun and In Country projects. Also, many of the best custom maps have become official maps.

To play vanilla and only vanilla content is to deprive yourself of so much good material and deprive many hard working modders of much needed viewership.

I cannot recommend enough that players at least try custom maps. That creative tradition is part of what makes Red Orchestra so great. Red Orchestra started out as a mod, after all...

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
Nut huggers disliking and derepping like crazy in this thread.

You mad you have to play non hardcore servers cause you bad? I'd say c'ya in game with my Kar98 in your face... but lmao you'll be playing the pansy version of the game.

What is bad is your grammar and your attitude . I love owning bigmouths like you. :D:D:D

Upvote 0
No I completely agree. It's very very very simple to just say "I don't enjoy this server, I should find a new one."

I love most of the things a community makes. Darkest hour is a nice example and the custom maps on the TWB servers.

However the 'just join another server' not really helps when almost every server has mp3 files or skins and all that crap.
(South park sounds are a nice example).
It pushed me away from CS:S and the early cods, however good the games may be. I don't like joining 30 servers, which costs an hour, to find a good server I can play on for 10 minutes.

Upvote 0