• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Inventory System in RO2?

Not even in my worst nightmares :eek::eek:
It would be so historically unrealistic and I believe it would completely ruin the teamplay between the various classes.

How in the hell would an inventory-system in the likes of ArmA2 be unrealistic? If you're referring to multiple primary weapons, you're reading things that simply aren't there in my quote. I never implied anything like that. Equipment does not equal armament.

Upvote 0
you endorsed a system as proposed by the author of this thread, in which he states "Personally I always thought it was kind of dumb how in RO1 you couldn't carry your SMG but then take a rifle along with you just in case you needed it. Of course this would be tiring, but real soldiers did it when they needed to."

imo, no. to both the idea and the lie about soldiers carrying two primary weapons.

i have no issue with the inventory system as defined by later posters, but i will never endorse the original idea proposed by hockeywarrior

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
I highly doubt there will be any inventory system judging by the videos, i assume that the weight is simply the limit of how much you can pickup and choose to carry at spawn, i see no reason for them to include a inventory box system.

as long as I can pack in 6-8 tater mashers like they did in real life I'll be happy.

Stalingrad was pretty notorious for being a frag fest, nobody wanted to stick their heads out, was easier to throw a nade.

Upvote 0
I never said it was unlimited ... that would make no sense obviously. All I said was that RO2 won't be like RO1 in that the game limits you to one primary weapon, according to John who said you can carry as much as you you can within weight limits.

All I wanted to discuss with this thread is how Tripwire IS DOING IT. We know there is a weight system in place and this SUGGESTS that there is some sort of inventory system that takes advantages of said weight system. The thread is here to discuss how Tripwire might be handling it in RO2.

Oh and ...
i have no issue with the inventory system as defined by later posters, but i will never endorse the original idea proposed by hockeywarrior
Are you even paying attention? The part about carrying two primary weapons (and more) is QUOTED FROM JOHN GIBSON! Watch the video from 3:50-4:00. I'm not making it up and it's not my idea! Read what I just wrote above your quote please. We know there is a weight system in place which allows for people to hypothetically carry two primary weapons, of course with speed/stamina penalties. All I want to do is discuss how this might be executed and whether there may or may not be an interface to work with it.

For instance, how do we know the weight of an item? How do we know our avatar's weight limits? How do we know how close we are to those limits? What happens when we carry our max load? Etc etc etc. These are the kinds of things we could be discussing.

Seriously you guys wear me out sometimes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like to add that weight is not the only issue, but rather how cumbersome and practical it is to carry multiple items.

Also, carrying multiple weapons ( soldier carrying a few small arms & ammo ) is done before or after a battle ( sending replacment weapons & ammo to the frontline, or scavenging weapons & ammo from dead soldiers to be used later ).
Once the battle begins he simple carries his primary weapons & equipment into battle.

Upvote 0
I would love to be able to carry some ammo and hand it over to a ally, if he needs it. Though it should incur a appropriated penalty and have a max amount you can carry. I could easily see supporting team mates in well organised teams being pack mules and carrying all the heavy items, which would work well considering your a giant target being so slow

Upvote 0