• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Competitive mod idea (or versus)

Innociv

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006
This idea spawned on the steam forums.. someone asking if KF was competitive. It got me thinking of an idea.

• Two teams of 4 players respawn at opposite ends of the map.
  • Specimens spawn normally, attacking the 8 players evenly.
  • The opposing teams can kill each other like a typical DM game.
  • If one team kills the other team, and they survive that wave, they win that wave.
  • If one team gets the highest cash that wave(more found on maps, most specimen kills for highest cash value) they win.
  • If both teams are killed, it is a draw.
  • If both teams are killed, and one team had damaged the other teams players then the team that did damage loses.

So you're trying to hog up all the kills to get the most cash. To make this easier, you can kill the opposing teams members. But if you attack them, and then your 4 players can't handle the specimens and you die, then you have essentially forfeited to the other team.

At the end, you might see the specimen counter down to the end, but your cash is lower, so you might leave a few a live to not end the wave, then try to kill the enemy if you're behind on points. But that'll fail if they decide not to have a shooting match outright and run around to find and ninja the last specimens.

You might want to fight over the best areas to camp, try to weld in the enemy, etc.

So you can see there could be a ton of depth of strategy in what you decide to do to win.
To me, I see a ton more depth with that than versus. Versus in l4d is just race mode.

But.. it's just an idea. I couldn't really make it because of technical know-how. And I need to be working on the RO weapons one.

Well that's exactly the thing. It'd be hard to survive with 4 players, instead of 6, so you're relying on the enemy to kill some of them.

But you need to kill more in order to earn the most cash that round.

Killing the other team early would ensure you a win if you beat the wave, but it'll ensure a loss if you don't.

There would also be trying to get the enemy to shoot you purposefully to make them forfeit the round :p

Upvote 0
Here's an idea. You keep the teams separate. You start with one Clot. Kill it, and two appear on the other team's area. When the number of Clots gets high enough, then some are replaced with another enemy that's 'worth' more. The difficulty keeps ramping up as both teams keep surviving.

Glad someone is on the same wavelength as me on this. That is the general idea of our Mod.

Upvote 0