• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I think this game should run at 250 fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
shouldn't this game run at 250 fps is UE engine same like cod4,
I'm running I7 2600 4.8ghz
crossfire 6970 , and runs at 50-100fps plus smoke goes into 40s
I just don't understand it why is this happening,my BFBC@ runs 150-200fps

Because the game has a LOT more detail than BFBC. The maps are larger and filled with more objects. A COD4 level is about 1/10th to 1/20th the size of an RO2 level.

Upvote 0
wat. BFBC2's maps are insanely small, especially on gold rush. They might be big if they had a higher player count than 16 v 16.
I think the point is there's terrain deformation to some extent, buildings getting destroyed + all the destruction. There technically is more going on in BC2 even if the maps are smaller than RO2. Its sort of strange hearing people say this is more intensive graphically. :IS2:

Reactions: ҈Oc†ө
Upvote 0
I think the point is there's terrain deformation to some extent, buildings getting destroyed + all the destruction. There technically is more going on in BC2 even if the maps are smaller than RO2. Its sort of strange hearing people say this is more intensive graphically. :IS2:

BC2 doesn't look more graphically detailed than this in my opinon. The lighting effects in RO2 alone blow Bad Company 2 away for me. And yes they have building destruction, but all the buildings are copy + pasted, and all the destruction happens in the same manner so it's all very sequenced. That's why it looks like so much is going on; it's repetitive and scripted rather than truly dynamic so it doesn't take up too much resources. Play it enough and you'll start to notice that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wulffrik
Upvote 0
I'm running I7 2600 4.8ghz
crossfire 6970 , and runs at 50-100fps plus smoke goes into 40s
I just don't understand it why is this happening,my BFBC@ runs 150-200fps

Wow you are a winge bag. Man up. Stop moaning. People are getting far worse fps than that. My comp is running between 40-60 fps averaging probably about 50ish. I have an AMD Phenom 2 x6 processor at 3.2ghz and 8gb of Corsair DDR3 1600mhz Ram and an ati 6850 and my game runs good yup. If you dont like how it plays update your system.

Upvote 0
Coming from Ost Front (A game you could have played on the crappiest computer, even back then) I think a lot of RO veterans are shocked, myself included, at how much of a resource whore RO2 is.

I've said it in another threads but it seems like RO2 is only playable on high end gaming rigs, if you don't have a thousand pounds worth of equipment in front of you, you aren't going to enjoy yourself. It's like there is no grey area, even with the lowest settings performance is still an issue.

Upvote 0
Coming from Ost Front (A game you could have played on the crappiest computer, even back then) I think a lot of RO veterans are shocked, myself included, at how much of a resource whore RO2 is.

I've said it in another threads but it seems like RO2 is only playable on high end gaming rigs, if you don't have a thousand pounds worth of equipment in front of you, you aren't going to enjoy yourself. It's like there is no grey area, even with the lowest settings performance is still an issue.

It's because the game isn't utilizing everyones video cards like it should be, most of the time the gpu is only running at like 40-60% load when it should be like 100% to get the most framerate out of it.. They definitely have some optimizing to do that's for sure. I just hope they do it before it launches.

Upvote 0

theodore-roosevelt-laughing.jpg

Upvote 0
It's because the game isn't utilizing everyones video cards like it should be, most of the time the gpu is only running at like 40-60% load when it should be like 100% to get the most framerate out of it.. They definitely have some optimizing to do that's for sure. I just hope they do it before it launches.
Perhaps that's related to specific hardware. My rig is a little on the dated side, but my GPU usage (on my 5770 HD) runs in the neighborhood of 98% in RO2 according to Afterburner.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.