• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Request]Rugger .22 charger

xVenomFang

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2011
hey guys if anyone wants to i'd think this would be funny to use in game, it's basically a pistol with a sniper scope and a bi-pod, if no one wants to it's fine but tell me, what do you think of this gun?

or maybe make an exploding boomerang :D

Last edited:
or maybe make an exploding boomerang :D

Or make lightsabers! Or Have mushrooms that make your head big while flinging fireballs????

Such things aren't the kind of style KF is built on. Its not like you're going to find such a weapon even when there weren't Zeds running around! That's what makes KF's mood believable, its because most of the weapons that have made it to notoriety are what you would be expecting to find as you try to survive a ZED-ocalypse!

Reactions: The_Sorrow
Upvote 0
Or make lightsabers! Or Have mushrooms that make your head big while flinging fireballs????
seriously who really cares anymore about what style killing floor was built on, we're far gone from what it was meant to be. don't get me wrong i don't dislike criticism but please do try to understand that even though killing floor was meant to be realistic, eventually unrealistic things were bound to be created and look, bee's wtf mutator is a success and there's countless more "unrealistic" things made for killing floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gooblaster and FluX
Upvote 0
Every game has it's own style. Killing Floor has it's own and everyone will love for it to stay that way which is why most of us are defencive about it.

Don't get offended with others opinions as YOU even said " if no one wants to it's fine but tell me, what do you think of this gun?" You asked for it...

yes i was inviting criticism but not rudeness

Upvote 0
Personally, i would love a scoped pistol, but i'd prefer something like a hunting revolver.... This is just to weird a gun... Sorry, but i can't back it. Besides, if its only a .22, you'd have to put it thru the eye of a speciman to do any damage... It'd be weaker than the 9mm...

well, the .22 is actually rather a ferocious round, yes its small, but balistically it is insane. a guy got shot in the shoulder, and the round came out around his knee, and he died instantly.

there's better .22 pistols/rifles out there that you can throw into kf as "no recoil" weapons, since the ruger "charger" is just a 10/22 cutdown and thrown into pistol grip furniture.
the ar7 would be a much better rifle, due to its reliability and customization features (one popular mod is the "briefcase" rifle).

Upvote 0
Well, the .22 does have a tendancy to cause tumble wounds, your right... I just don't see it penetrating a crawler or stopping a gorefast :/

Idk what if the thing had low damage and high penetration? Like the medic gun or even weaker but could shoot through 3-4 specimens. A hailstorm of piercing bullets that had similar crowd control capabilities as the flamethrower...? It would be necessary that such a thing wasn't able to shoot heads off in one, or even two shots though. Just think of a watered down PPSH with penetration??? Although any bullets that would allow for this would be something akin to armor piercing, or depleted uranium. Both of which would be pretty hard to explain getting your hands on in a Zed-Ocalypse. . .

*These conjectures are purely hypothetical*

Last edited:
Upvote 0